UKBouldering.com

Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield (Read 23469 times)

Three Nine

• forum hero
#50 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 29, 2012, 11:48:24 am
If they follow the TCA Bristol model they'll be recruiting from the local zoo for route setters.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#51 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 29, 2012, 11:56:00 am
meow. kitten want some milk?

Three Nine

• forum hero
#52 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 29, 2012, 12:03:08 pm
Yeah go on then

Wood FT

• forum hero
#53 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 29, 2012, 04:55:26 pm
Yeah go on then

milk? you fat bastard

Dave D

• player
#54 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 29, 2012, 05:13:42 pm
I know this maybe jumping the gun somewhat but who will be setting at the wall?

Yes, jumping the gun but we've already had a lot of interest off local setters that we've never used over the west before!

Dave D
http://www.facebook.com/AwesomeWallsSheffield
www.awesomewalls.co

Duma

• forum hero
#55 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 31, 2012, 10:10:31 pm
If they follow the TCA Bristol model they'll be recruiting from the local zoo for route setters.

Apologies to everyone on an interesting and informative thread for the off topic comments...

However, 39, your comment above is out of line. I know all the setters at TCA, several of them are on here and will see the above, they all put a lot of thought and effort into their setting and deserve more than this sort of juvenile shit. If you don't like the problems at TCA Bristol how about some constructive comments on how they could improve? You started a pretty good thread on this very topic once, care to update it, or do you prefer abusing the karma system?

Good luck with the new wall Dave D.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#56 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 31, 2012, 10:15:12 pm
do you prefer abusing the karma system?

I wouldn't call that abuse, it seems to be working perfectly well, and just as it is intended to.

Duma

• forum hero
#57 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 31, 2012, 10:48:13 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#58 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
August 31, 2012, 11:35:27 pm
Yes the system works fine, but that's not to say some don't abuse it

The "abuse" I recall of the karma system was to start pointless tit-for-tat puntering.

Three Nine can express what they think of others posting using the karma system just as others express what they think of their posts. 

This has the potential to lead to said tit-for-tat, but checking the last page or so of stats this doesn't appear to be the case as Three Nine's dishing out (15 -ve/20 +ve on first page isn't that skewed I'd guess but would have to check others pages to see if it stands out) and reception of karma isn't particularly heavy in a particular time frame if you look at the stats.  So no tit-for-tat as far as I can see.

I suspect I'm missing the "abuse" you are referring to though. :shrug:

Still a facetious and dumb comment to make about route setters though.

Anyway apologies :offtopic: , I'm bored sat with nothing to do than drink beer and surf the net whilst waiting for an overnight bus.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:41:45 pm by slackline »

wolfgang

• regular
#59 Re: Awesome Climbing wall in Sheffield
September 09, 2012, 11:48:27 am

However, 39, your comment above is out of line. I know all the setters at TCA, several of them are on here and will see the above, they all put a lot of thought and effort into their setting and deserve more than this sort of juvenile shit.

That comment is out of line, please. I really dont think that romantic opinion of setters and there efforts is truly accurate! And lets look at the social skills of route setters in general. I actually think the "zoo" comment is pretty spot on. Just because you can pull hard shouldn't be a qualification to hold a T-bar.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal