UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 488508 times)

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I got rid of the lower ones but I couldn't lock off long enough to get rid of the top three.

Turns out I was just using a shit sequence for the problem in question. Numbers now removed.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Maybe it was an eliminate? :)

underground

• forum hero
I walked past T crack at cratcliffe last night and it's covered in lines and marker points, looks a right state. I didn't clean anything in the absence of any kit, couldn't really reach either

andy_e

• forum hero

Spotted at Portlethen, drawn to a jug you can see from anywhere on that shore.

old cheese

• obsessive maniac
  • does my arse look big in this

Spotted at Portlethen, drawn to a jug you can see from anywhere on that shore.

Andy, where is the bouldering in relation to the village of portlethen? heard about the bouldering but never actually seen any

SA Chris

• forum hero
Head to NE corner of Portlethen, following signs for Medical Centre. Head past medical centre and follow signs for old Portlethen. Park on right opposite pub is probably best. walk towards sea and take second right cul de sac, and follow path that looks liek you are going into someones back garden. turn left towards coast and cross fence on right at small block stile. Follow path south until you see an obvious muddy path / ramp heading down to shoreline. You will know you are in the right place as there are some short bolted routes on the right. Explore up and down the coast in that area. Expect short problems and bad landings - decent padding is advisable.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
I've been having to brush off a lot of tick marks at The Tor and Blackwell Dale recently. Including a 2 foot long banana on the Low Start to Red or Dead. Can people please make a little effort to brush off any ticks they've made, and any others they see, as the amount left on crags seems to be reaching ever uglier levels.

dave

Ditto i had to brush a load off kudos wall. Pretty amazing given there aren't any blind holds on that entire wall.

andy_e

• forum hero
old cheese- What Chris said. give me a shout if you're available evenings and weekends for a session.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Did you manage to meet up with the Coolboy?  Getting much done?  I went once and got spanked!

SA Chris

• forum hero
I've been dozens of times and still get spanked.

andy_e

• forum hero
No, he's always busy. Watched his videos for beta plenty of times though.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Brushed all the ticks that I could reach off the Tor yet again on Tuesday and half of them were back on by Thursday. Also picked up a carrier bags worth of litter from around the base of the crag. All very disappointing really.

dave

Similarly i had an eyeball of Dogs Dinner buttress last weekend and pretty much every single handhold was ticked. Annoyingly i hadn't got a brush on me.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
You had your tongue with you though?  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
Brushed all the ticks that I could reach off the Tor yet again on Tuesday and half of them were back on by Thursday. Also picked up a carrier bags worth of litter from around the base of the crag. All very disappointing really.

Can someone else go and do the handholds.

Seriously, this is very shit.  :spank:

nik at work

• forum hero
I used to think, and felt I had reasonable annecdotal evidence to back up my thinking, that climbers were a bunch of altogether decent chaps and chapesses (with the odd bad apple no doubt)

What with chalk everywhere, litter, in-situ draws, shit parking and people pissing in car parks I am developing the opinion the climbing population is increasingly comprised of selfish inconsidererate people...

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
There does seem to be a lot of this type of shit about at the moment (it may just be because it is publicised better due to UKB) with the common theme being laziness / selfishness.

dave

What with chalk everywhere, litter, in-situ draws, shit parking and people pissing in car parks I am developing the opinion the climbing population is increasingly comprised of selfish inconsidererate people...

Look you fucking hippie, if thats what it takes to get me up F8c then thats what I'm gonna do and fuck everyone else. Afterall if its good enough for the spanish then its good enough for me.

I'm off for a dump under mecca.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
Can someone else go and do the handholds.

Oi! I'm secretly tall me. Just not as tall as the lanky buggers I climb with.

dunnyg

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
A fucking joke surely?

Baron

• obsessive maniac
Remember this

Take a bow Mr Mitchell for your efforts on Wellington Crack: http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=466637

How can someone who's been climbing for as long as he has still get it so wrong?

Paul B

• forum hero

chummer

• forum abuser
Is that for real or a wind up 'cos I am ready to take the bait and swim over to the other channel?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal