UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 488770 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Yes, but that was quite unrelated. On lead and with good kit in the rock. Sometimes shit just happens!

mark s

• junky
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37935700@N08/5671842027/#in/photostream

spotted on staffs flyer last week.the line was over 12 inches long :wall:

mr__j5

• menacing presence
  • Peter J
  • tall, bendy and weak
No photos, but just got back from Font and I couldn't believe how many more tick marks there are compared to previously.

I spent quite a bit of time brushing them off.

Some problems had a tick mark on every concievable usable edge. Surprise at Isatis was pretty bad.

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC
No pics but Ousal Low, at Churnet, was ticked to death when I got there yesterday morning. I cleaned some of it but couldn't get it all off. I heard that Virgin Wall was, too.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
Must be all the dry weather, Wimberry was shocking the other day, Local Hero wall on the Sugarloaf boulder had marks on every hold and 6 inch long chalk lines on the footholds in the first break which are easily visible!

Sloping top and groove boulder bad also. Fish arete was caked in chalk, well all the way up the arete, no chalk at all on the top hold.  :-\

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
Went up to Curbar today, ticks all over gorilla warfare block were extraordinary.

After me and my mate had done I forgot to get them brushed off. If someones about, take a look, it's mental.

Andi Mac

...Wimberry was shocking the other day

:agree: I was there at the weekend.  Sloping Top was a mess, especially the lower moves on The Slot and Fat Slapper, which were caked.  Tried and failed to brush some off.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
I was at Ilkley today, some Cunt has etched "L. Copley" at the bottom of first arête.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Is that a joke?

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
Is that a joke?

cracker almost the full length of the roof of Dolphin Belly Slap at the minute. i think it's in case you forget which way you're supposed to be climbing

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Sadly, Dylan, it is no joke.

cofe

• forum hero
I was at Ilkley today, some Cunt has etched "L. Copley" at the bottom of first arête.

as in etched or chalked word? either is retarded obviously, but...

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
Is that a joke?

cracker almost the full length of the roof of Dolphin Belly Slap at the minute. i think it's in case you forget which way you're supposed to be climbing

Yeah the whole demon wall roof area is a state. I don't even know why the marks are there, you can see which holds you want to be going for anyway! If it's hard and you're working it, the moves end up getting wired so theres no need for marks.  :no:

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
Must be a Yorkshire ting at the momentt!

Just got back from a session pottering a Calog and The Horn was a state - ticks, dots next to the humungous pebble(!), all sorts. Did the best I could with my little toothbrush but was pretty taken aback.

Robl

• addict
  • A bit of an animal
Photo from DWR / DBS on tuesday pm.

Seriously...  :spank:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 09:15:26 pm by Robl »

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

Scratched into the rock.

tomtom

• forum hero

Scratched into the rock.

WTF? either L. Copley dafter than I thought possible or someone has done it as some kind of strange joke/frame up...?

dave

You'd have to be an idiot to scratch your own name into the rock. Like leaving your name on a murder weapon.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
You'd have to be an idiot to scratch your own name into the rock. Like leaving your name on a murder weapon.
exaggemerate much?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
A couple of photos on The LankyTwat Blog.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
I thought I heard somewhere that the Copley's had moved to New Zealand?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Possibly, but I don't think anyone is suggesting it was Liam that did this anyway.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
A couple of photos on The LankyTwat Blog.

I was there yesterday avo and didn't even notice the L Copley tag; I was obviously distracted by my total inability to climb First Arete...

The ones over at Olicana Wall are far more obvious/intrusive

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
I noticed some idiot had drawn numbers next to the holds on a problem at Pleasley Vale yesterday.

Hopefully you can make out the '5' to the left of the lower-right sidepull. The holds are perma-chalked due to the steepness anyway and the sequences are fucking obvious.

I got rid of the lower ones but I couldn't lock off long enough to get rid of the top three. I'm assuming this means they were drawn on a top rope as the idea that climbers who are better than me think that this behaviour is OK is too depressing to contemplate!

I was joined by an intrigued local fella who had no idea about bouldering at one point. One of the questions he asked me was "you draw numbers on to find your way do you?" An insight into the damage these chalked-wielding pricks do to our reputation.  >:(

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Possibly, but I don't think anyone is suggesting it was Liam that did this anyway.

Unless you assume the Jasper in the other pic is Mr Sharpe.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal