UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 488782 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Their != they are

:lol:

That's coding language isn't it? I believe I went down the mathematical line of things with the >< (can also be written <> but looks a bit too much like parentheses).

EDIT: Sorry, that was  :off:

Keepig things  :off:, yes it is coding for "not equal".  The thing about >< or <> is that it implies its a range either between two points or outside of two points.  The formal mathematical way (as opposed to coding) is to use ≠ (see here for more really boring mathematics crap).

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
What Jasper said. In fact, exactly what Jasper said.

Jibing youths smacks of jealousy to me. I've no reason to think they're lying, nor connected to CT anymore than anyone else. In fact, Brad Pit in two sessions after climbing for 18 months smacks only of being a fucking massive talent.

I rather think that the proposition that they're lying stems from the fact that got caught out bullshitting about their claims in North Wales, that the fact that the photo is easier to stage than the problem is to climb and that there's aboslutely no photographs of them actually 'doing' anything hard.

I don't claim to be a top climber, but I can if challeneged *usually* repeat problems that I've done (unless it was years ago when I was younger, stronger, thinner, better etc) one exception was my thing at the Roaches and I was unable to even pull on the start, luckily SA Chris was there when I did it and did take some photo's and I can name at least one of the spotters.

Not being able to repeat things when there's mounting evidence that you're less than honest does nothing other than reinforce the validity of the accusation.

I'm not out to piss on anyone's chips, I just do, like Jim think that the historical record should be accurate.  Climbing BP within 18 months of starting climbing is a massive achievement which if true should be lauded, if it is not true it damages the value of the genuine achievements of truly talented people just as the use of doping in athletics erodes the awe in which we view people like Usain Bolt.

Anyway off to the gym

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
one exception was my thing at the Roaches and I was unable to even pull on the start, luckily SA Chris was there when I did it and did take some photo's and I can name at least one of the spotters.

Sam Hurt was the other, if the issue ever comes up, which I doubt it will.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Sloper, are you not confusing the Copley brothers with Scott Mac? There's no doubt they are doing a lot of climbing at the mo, at that age that means improving fast.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
It would appear that he is unless I'm missing something.  :shrug:

nik at work

• forum hero
I agree with JB ans Jas on this one. The Copleys are seemingly very motivated and talented, Brad Pit in 18 months is impressive. Nice one lads, and one of them appears to have thrown laps on it, fuckin' show pony. We were all prone to bouts of "being a tit" when we were 18, fuck some of us still are in our middle years. Cut this pair a bit of slack. They climb Brad Pit and tick marks appear on CT in the same year, obviously they did it, WTF??

As for the tick marks on CT, they are obviously a disgrace.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I now have an image of Dogtanian cutting some slack for the Copley’s with his rapier. Much like the apple which he so skilfully cuts to wafers in mid air. What a guy/dog!

cofe

• forum hero
Even Dogtanian doesn't have what it takes to waferise an orange. I pity the apple.

nik at work

• forum hero
Apple, orange or Pear. Fruits firm, soft or citrus. Dogtanian can waferise them all.

(except for plums, stony bastards)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Apple, orange or Pear. Fruits firm, soft or citrus. Dogtanian can waferise them all.

(except for plums, stony bastards)

Apricots?

cofe

• forum hero
He can be my fucking guest with pears. I hate those sand-apple motherfuckers.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
sorry my fault for the yoof jibing scene, I was just taking the piss out of the photo - not intented to start all that stuff up again.

Fruit aside, I saw CT the other day and it looked awful, should put the pic in the new guide with FAIL written under it

Doylo

• forum hero
I rather think that the proposition that they're lying stems from the fact that got caught out bullshitting about their claims in North Wales, that the fact that the photo is easier to stage than the problem is to climb and that there's aboslutely no photographs of them actually 'doing' anything hard.

We weren't happy with Mclellans claims not the Copley bros. I saw one of them do Rockatrocity.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Ooops, getting all confused as to who has been 'spinning' about what.

Apologies to those concerned.

dr crimp

• regular
Had an after work sesh at gardoms tonight and G THANG looked a mess.for fooks sake who chalks up foot holds?i mean more chalked than hand holds.discarded finger tape ect!!!!it looked like dr who had poached it via tardis and transported it to a brush/bin/sense free zone.was a little pissed to see my local circut thoughtlessly abused.on the up side we sent two new lines.one 10m left of barry seen "swift nick"font 7a a cheeky but powerful little sitter and"the john player special"font7a+on the near side of the tunnel to iann,s 7c arete.this eliminates the right hand block but uses the left block for feet.slightly highball but sweet at the grade.

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
I'm not out to piss on anyone's chips, I just do, like Jim think that the historical record should be accurate.  Climbing BP within 18 months of starting climbing is a massive achievement which if true should be lauded, if it is not true it damages the value of the genuine achievements of truly talented people just as the use of doping in athletics erodes the awe in which we view people like Usain Bolt.

OT: but I'm not the only one. I was down stanage when said brothers did BP. I realised it was them so went over for a chat, they are infamous after all. Liam, who is the one in the pics, repeated it to help his brother with the beta. Have to say he made it look piss.

They were friendly lads and look to be getting very strong. They come across a bit annoying on the internet but I can think of few other people who also come across as gits online  :whistle:

Didn't want to have to post this cos I don't want to also be accused of being a liar as well, I'm not JB or at work and I don't have 32427 posts on here so why should you believe me. but I do think these guys should be cut some slack.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
for fooks sake who chalks up foot holds?

Apparently Gaz does. According to a friend of his, a chalked foothold looks like a bigger foothold. I personally think it reduces the friction (especially on Grit, or Sandstone), but what do I know in comparison to an E9, Font 8a+ (?) monster!

I'm not JB or at work and I don't have 32427 posts on here so why should you believe me...

+7 Karma is prob enough  ;)  ::)  :P

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
so why should you believe me.

Cause your opinion is held in high repute?  :P

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
There's a big difference between being annoying and saying dumb stuff, and being a liar.
It's not like the Copleys are claiming anything cutting edge, so let them get on with it.  Good effort to them getting up 7c/+ in their first couple of years of climbing.

I'm not JB or at work

Are you on drugs?  Noone believes a word that gnome says :lol:

MorganW

• regular
are these guys using climbing chalk or something a bit more heavy duty:

tomtom

• forum hero

Thats chalk for Linux users     :P

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Where can I get some?

No one knows, that's the problem Lagers. It's free though  :kiss2:

tomtom

• forum hero
Where can I get some?

No one knows, that's the problem Lagers. It's free though  :kiss2:

Though you may have to compile it first before you use it  ;)

Jacqusie

• stalker
I wonder if Bill the Stanage Warden know anything about this? I will enquire.

I echo everyones sentiments that this is a new low & we need to find the culprets. This cannot go on...

Si

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal