UKBouldering.com

Donkey line / tick mark hall of shame. (Read 488648 times)

Eddies

• forum hero
Freshers!  :spank:

Assumptions?

Guesstimated... Mini and I went up there last w/end and the place was swarming with 30+ students/young folk (Liverpool uni minibus in layby) so we passed thro to Baldstones.

cofe

• forum hero
Just heard UKC have received a few pics of Careless last week (not from me). Prepare to be appalled - I think a new lowpoint has been reached here.

saw it at the weekend. fucking horrendous.

Eddies

• forum hero

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters

Nice looking problem (with the exception of the tickmarks that are blighting it) - what is it?

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Careless torque, some esoteric offering

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
Careless torque, some esoteric offering

I am attributing that monumental show of stupidity by myself down to being ill at the minute.  :'(

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
The double tickmarks on the jug after the finishing jug are the real icing on the cake!

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
From that angle you can't see the donkey lines on the left hand side - 2, each a foot long. Still there yesterday.

Idol eyes

• junky
Its not exactly an obvious line is it!!!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
That is a fucking travesty!

Freshers!  :spank:

Assumptions?

Guesstimated... Mini and I went up there last w/end and the place was swarming with 30+ students/young folk (Liverpool uni minibus in layby) so we passed thro to Baldstones.

Fair-do's I just hate the way some people trout out "bloody students" who are just normal people who happen to be spending part of their life studying for a degree.  Really it should be "twats who can't work problems without daubbing chalk all over them and neglect to brush off any tickmarks they have put on when they've finished" (but I acknowledge thats a few more keystrokes :P )

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
I hate it when people trout it out too :)

The CT pics are so sad it's almost funny. Almost.

Sloper

• forum hero
It's one of the consequences of the ethic of working routes, eg headpointed HVS's.

travs

• menacing presence
OK so lets get down to the real question. Who did this? Someone must have seen this happening so what do people know?

Sloper

• forum hero
You're right, let's name and shame, because you know anyone boneheaded enough to do this won't be too far away from over zealous use of a wire brush or chisel.

My bet it we'll find a clue on red tips, or am I just being nasty?  I'll report back in 5

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
It has to be someone clueless, foreign or both

Sloper

• forum hero
Why foreign?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
 Sorry, did I steal your line?  ;)
Take a look around Font, Magic Wood, Albaracin, etc... I don't know why, they just do.
It's hard to imagine a local having reached the standard needed to be doing CT without becomeing aware that this sort of thing is a disgrace. It's easier to believe someone might have got that strong somewhere where heavy tickmarking is not frowned on and then taken their bad habits on holiday.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Yeah its the chinese gymnasts.

chummer

• forum abuser
Shirley you're all wrong. This must be a piss take......double tick marks?? This has to be a wind up. :shrug:

Sloper

• forum hero
Sorry, did I steal your line?  ;)
Take a look around Font, Magic Wood, Albaracin, etc... I don't know why, they just do.
It's hard to imagine a local having reached the standard needed to be doing CT without becomeing aware that this sort of thing is a disgrace. It's easier to believe someone might have got that strong somewhere where heavy tickmarking is not frowned on and then taken their bad habits on holiday.

I may be many things but a xenophobe or racist I am not, nor am I accusing you of this. 

I too have seen plenty of donkey lines in font, often drawn by Brits and I've seen donkey lines all over the trackside boulder to the degree that it made me think David Blunkett had been out for a lantern session without the lantern.

I imagine that many of the new school of young hardmen would think that a few donkey lines are a price worth paying, either that or it's some deluded Walter type who's working the top session so they'll be ready when the get good enough to do the start.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Holy fucking ringpiece.

mark s

• junky
You're right, let's name and shame, because you know anyone boneheaded enough to do this won't be too far away from over zealous use of a wire brush or chisel.

My bet it we'll find a clue on red tips, or am I just being nasty?  I'll report back in 5

i reckon you on the right street there

fiveknuckle21

• menacing presence
It's like the grafitti of the countryside. I gotta say, what the fuck must non-climbers be thinking about this?

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
More pics on the other channel.

tomtom

• forum hero
All quite bizarre and unnecessary.... hopefully word will filter down to who-ever it is via here or from cocktalk...
Personally I doubt its the PGtips crowd - they may have been economical with the truth in the past regarding what was climbed etc.. but I would have thought they'd climbed at enough places to know whats what.. You've got to be really dense to not see anything wrong with these tick marks....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal