UKBouldering.com

Ace fuerteventura, crag detective (Read 1818 times)

dave

Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 12, 2012, 02:40:53 pm
Word up. It seems I'm going on holiday to fuerteventura, which I gather is some island in the atlantic. Just wondering if there is any decent bouldering there.

A search on here only brings up an old thread where neil maisondyno says there's nowt, then pat idolking spouts some cryptic babble about something amazing. Anyone got any more idea what the crack is?
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:20:50 am by dave »

dave

#1 Re: Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 13, 2012, 10:21:25 am
Anybody? No?

Tough crowd.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Re: Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 13, 2012, 10:42:56 am
Dunno about rock climbing, but i think you can surf.

dave

#3 Re: Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 13, 2012, 11:01:36 am
Nice one Gabrielle, but i only surf crimps and the web.

Stabbsy

• junky
#4 Re: Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 13, 2012, 11:18:44 am
Have you tried searching for "blocando fuerteventura"? It gets you a few YouTube clips at somewhere called Las Penas. Haven't had chance to work out where on the island it is.

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 13, 2012, 01:16:52 pm
Have you tried Lee (of betaguides fame and recent ish north yorks moors threads) as I think he's searched out some bouldering in the Canaries.. Though that may be on Tenerife and Grand Canaria. I found a Tenerife guide last year (over there) but don't remember any Fuerta shizzle.

Theres also a climbing shop in Tenerife that seems to be  a hub and it may be worth a punt to email them...

If yiu find nothing give me a shout next week when I'm back in the office as I have a geology of the canaries book which may provide some insight into some areas.. (I'd be surprised if there was no boulderable rock). In Tenerife the nicest looking spots were in canyons where the normally sharp new volcanics were nicely smoothed..

dave

#6 Re: Ace fuerteventura, crag detective
January 13, 2012, 07:25:23 pm
Have you tried searching for "blocando fuerteventura"? It gets you a few YouTube clips at somewhere called Las Penas. Haven't had chance to work out where on the island it is.

nice one. Looking at those clips there seems to be a lot to go at if you're into waist-high sitstarts. Based on that I think the mat and shoes will be staying in blighty.

TT - i think there's a fair bit of stuff on the other islands.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal