UKBouldering.com

Anatalya Turkey at Easter? (Read 1460 times)

Marky

• player
Anatalya Turkey at Easter?
January 11, 2012, 12:12:08 pm
Anybody experience of Antalya late March early April. We normally go to Kalymnos at Easter but looking for a change so thinking maybe Turkey but worried that it may be too hot? Also any recommendations on the best accommodation would be good and do you need a car?  :please:

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#1 Re: Anatalya Turkey at Easter?
January 11, 2012, 12:15:38 pm
Here's a recent thread I started about Antalya. Answers all your questions apart from the easter temps bit.

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#2 Re: Anatalya Turkey at Easter?
January 11, 2012, 03:56:29 pm
I went in late Apri/ early May 2010 for a few days. The temperature was perfect for me, but it was noticeable that people were starting to seek out shade rather than sun.

That's a relief.  I had a holiday booked there for start of Feb but my partner knackered his medial knee ligaments last weekend (one for the NNFN! thread).  We're hoping to postpone rather than cancel, but I had feared it might be too hot in late March / April (we have to work around my coaching holiday in mid-March).  From what you say though, the Spring temperature might be perfect.  I'm prone to cold and psychologically solar powered: it takes pretty high temperatures for sweatiness considerations to outweigh the benefit in cheerfulness and non-numb fingers.  Would obviously prefer my friend not to have a buggered knee in the meantime, but silver linings and all that.

galpinos

• forum hero
#3 Re: Anatalya Turkey at Easter?
January 11, 2012, 04:12:32 pm
Would obviously prefer my friend not to have a buggered knee in the meantime, but silver linings and all that.

:lol:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#4 Re: Anatalya Turkey at Easter?
January 11, 2012, 05:25:39 pm
He did it at Pleasey Vale.... maybe I'd be more empathetic if it had been on some desperate slate rock-over?!  It's still a source of annoyance to me that my three years (and counting) of golfer's elbow was caused by a 4ft fall from a damp V6.  Okay, injuries are shit and, at best, climbing is pretty meaningless.  Maybe thinking a more rarified character of failure is any real compensation for ill-health is the attitude of a madman desperate for solace.... but desperate times....

[If you're reading this fella, you know I'm very sorry for your pain and my first concerns are for your well-being..... however, if you knacker-up your recovery by succumbing to the siren song of somewhere like Bell Hagg, I will not be held responsible for my actions]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 05:39:41 pm by moose »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal