UKBouldering.com

O-rings for Marzocchi forks (Read 4085 times)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
O-rings for Marzocchi forks
January 07, 2012, 07:17:26 pm
I stripped down my '09 ATA Micros today and managed to diagnose and temporarily fix the stuck down issue that is common with several models of Marzocchis. Reading up online the proper fix needs a slightly thicker O-ring than fitted. Any suggestions on where I could source a specific O-ring? CRC and Wiggle don't seem to do them. I've emailed the distributor but as it's a bit of a hack they may only have the original size.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1 Re: O-rings for Marzocchi forks
January 07, 2012, 10:36:23 pm
sort of issue that needs the detailed knowledge of southerndownhill.com forum... and then if local to the peak 18bikes to sort u out... not a home mechanic fix IMO

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2 Re: O-rings for Marzocchi forks
January 08, 2012, 12:10:24 am

sort of issue that needs the detailed knowledge of southerndownhill.com forum... and then if local to the peak 18bikes to sort u out... not a home mechanic fix IMO
That was my first thought, I was ready to pay the distributer to sort it out. But they have stopped making the ata cartridge even though there is a 3 year warrenty on 2009 forks. The 'fix' they would do is replace the air cart with a coil. Pretty Shit service IMO. For a £450 pair of forks I thought it was worth having a play. Surprised how little there is too them, and how easily they came apart and went back together with standard tools and some fork oil. Also I hate not knowing how stuff works in case it breaks on a ride. I'll see if 18 bikes have any orings. Cheers.

underground

• forum hero
#3 Re: O-rings for Marzocchi forks
January 08, 2012, 12:11:02 am
I stripped down my '09 ATA Micros today and managed to diagnose and temporarily fix the stuck down issue that is common with several models of Marzocchis. Reading up online the proper fix needs a slightly thicker O-ring than fitted. Any suggestions on where I could source a specific O-ring? CRC and Wiggle don't seem to do them. I've emailed the distributor but as it's a bit of a hack they may only have the original size.

If you could get the exact dims, I'd be tempted to talk to someone like Vulcan Engineering (they have an office with stock (can see it from the bus window) on Archer Road) - Orings are O rings surely?

(just like the stuff Muc Off and Finish Line sell can be got for £1 from ebay)

Assuming that the fix is a simple job of course, if not then fatdoc definitely knows more than I do, to the power of infinity  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal