UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 98 Mon 26th - Sun 1st Jan (Read 4702 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Happy new year  ;D

Week 8 of 16 of programme

Weight unknown

M. Blue skies/snowboarding. Porta-edge tm session
T.  Blue skies/snowboarding. Took a knock to the head and confidence.
W. Blue skies/snowboarding. Porta-edge tm session
T.  Poor weather/snowboarding
F.  Poor weather/snowboarding.Porta-edge tm session
S. Travelling all day. La plagne-Chambery-East Midlands-Leicester-Taunton
S. 

La Plagne was loverly and a great way to spend xmas. Took a tumble on Tuesday and had whiplash so took it steadier after that. Roadtested our new prototype portable training device. Also re-read 9 out of 10 climbers.

Excited about the year ahead, keen to get stuck into the next 3 week phase of training and curious to see how much I can handle. Less keen on losing poundage and turning 48.

tomtom

• forum hero
M: burp.
T: drive Kendal > Alnwick
W: clear and dry in the County.. Also 40-50mph wind... Try a few places (go and lovingly caress holds at a barely standup able Bowden) give up and go to the pub..
T: County II. Less wind, more showers.. Tried out Hepburn... Dry and climably windy.. Managed a few 6's and not alto else, but great to get out on the sandstone again.. A bit limited by only having one small pad...
F: drive Alnwick back to Manc..
S: session at Logport wall.. Ok on the v3-4's.. Progress on a few 5's but not really surprising given my lack of practice recently and the extra 5lbs I'm now carrying. Hic.
Su. Nothing, cheeky Beastmaker session but stopped when I felt sick ;)

fried

• forum hero
Happy new year all.

Monday - Wednesday - Still at the folks, did a fair few press ups and squeezed a grip-master to sort out my achy fingers.
Thursday - Long shoulder/ elbow/ theraband/ weights/ push up session lasting all afternoon.
Friday - Indoor session, did my first 'pink' problem (antribloc), even if it was soft, a psychological barrier has been broken.
Saturday - not much
Sunday - made Balti paste and garam masala.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
Weight. Too much.

M-Thurs.   Nada, Zip, Sweet FA.
Fri - bouldering at the Quay, took the kids, campused the 45*. Soft session.
S+S- oh dear... Oh woe is me!

csl

• junky
Monday - Nothing
Tuesday - Snowboarding - went to the snodome to give boarding a go - lied that i'd already done it and surprisingly picked it up pretty quickly working it out as i went along!
Wednesday - Session with some mates at KK - not great, just repeated a few V5ish problems, was hurting from snowboarding.
Thursday - nothing
Friday - nothing
Saturday - 40 minutes of dry tooling at home - might keep this up to prepare for axe-holding pump.
Sunday - eurgh - did walk miles around london, but also ate three takeaways in 24 hours.

Weight - 78kg

Joe

M - Optimistic trip to Cheddar despite quantity of food eaten the day before. Unsurprisingly soaked, sacked it off to Brean. Had a couple of hours of reasonable conditions. Three goes working el chocco. Refined beta to avoid gopping patch just before crux, much better sequence. All the moves and clips, not enough sunlight!
T - nothing.
W - Went to Gollum's. Tried to do some moves that were way too hard for me. Interesting to try though. Finished with almost complete lap on the 7a+.
T - nothing
F - tiny amount on the finger board, not enough to count.
S - went to Bournemouth.
S - Bournemouth is wet.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
stg - complete 100 grade 7 problems (stuck on 96), finish Dick Williams & Underhand, 7C
summer goals 8a & E4.

m - still felt ill
T- better, managed a few gentle hangs
w - much improved
T- hangs at about 95% max (no added weight)
F - out early trying to find dry rock with little success, back once the spits turned to showers for 8x1min laps, 1 min rest in garage - pumped stupid.  Realised how much work is needed to achieve summer aims
s- zip
S- max hangs.

205Chris

• forum hero
Think I missed yet another week so here's another 2 in 1:

Mon 19th - Sun 25th - Easy week with the hope of getting out over the Christmas break

M - Nada
T - Works. Mainly stuff on the comp wall.
W - Nada
T - Nada
F - Brief play on garage board. Feeling pretty strong going into the holiday season.
S - Roaches. Slightly damp. Nadin's traverse the only thing of note. Had a brief play on Sh*t on the way home. Still failing at the last move.
S - Easy circuit at Stanage to work up an appetite for Christmas dinner.

Mon 26th - Sun 1st

M - Harder circuit at Stanage to work off Christmas dinner. Couple of new ticks in Glass Hour & Winner stays on. Good problem.
T - The 7B thing on the Eaglestone but not before tearing large chunks out of my skin. Totally shut down by Flatworld LH (skin may have been an issue by this point though).
W - Quick play on the terrace & Sh*t. Not a great day out.
T - Pull up and bar work.
F - S. New year in London. Fireworks, drinking and dressing up like a pirate.

Happy new year all!

webbo

• forum hero
Goals
Not falling apart.
Weight.
Fucking heavy.
M. Bielefeld wall felt well rough after drinking about 2 bottles of wine yesterday.Repeated a couple of hardish things from last week before doing loads of easy stuff.
T. Bielefeld wall did a problem that I'd tried the last 3 sessions.Repeated all the harder things I'd done previously.
W. Drive to Rotterdam.
Th. Weights and max deadhangs,similar session to pre christmas.Bike 40 mins got pissed on.
Fri. Bike 2 hours freezing.
S. Leeds wall mainly repeating stuff managed a new problem afer working it.Not going too bad.
Su. Bike 2 hrs 20 mins got pissed on again.

Despite doing alot fatter than ever.

rich d

• forum hero
2 weeks in 1. Got chest infection felt like shit - did nothing.
Last week - still feeling ropey, breathing shot. Then picked up some being sick virus off friends on new years eve. Still should help cut down my weight as I've not eaten for two days.
STG not be sick. 

chris05

• forum abuser
Goals (2011):

10 x 6C/+ (9 done)
5 x 7A (5 done)
Any 7A+
or ideally a 7B (one 7A+ done)

19th-25th Dec
M: BM: one arm max hangs, theraband, planche and front lever progressions
T: BM: two arm max hangs, theraband, planche and front lever progressions
W: Travel Notts to Aviemore
T: 40mins interval session - hill reps
F: 4.5m trail run
S: 4.5m trail run
S: 4.5m walk

26th Dec - 1st Jan

M: bouldering at Tom Riach
T: 4.5m trail run & splitting logs
W: travel to glasgow, bouldered at TCA, then got very drunk with old friends
T: partially recovered and then got drunk with old friends
F: travel back to parents house
S: spent the day logging which included some heavy lifting and tractor driving
S: 4.5m walk

Had a good xmas break, didn't get any winter climbing done but got a couple of boulder sessions in. Really happy to have basically achieved my aims for the year and I'm aiming for similar (or better) improvements this year.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
STG: tick off The Cliff up to 6c+ by Easter Monday
LTG: Font 7b

M: Went for a walk with family
T: Hack round the par 3 golf course with my Mum's partner, actually played well despite not swinging a club in nearly a year!
W: Drive from Devon to East Anglia
T: Nowt
F: Helped my Dad fit a new dishwasher - fair amount of lifting / faffing involved. First Class train back to Leeds in the evening.
S: Depot session during the day with most of Leeds, cooked lamb shoulder with the missus in the evening
S: Over to Mrs Tone's sister's for a family lunch, followed by feeling really full all evening!

wsmith

• player
    • Hard Wood Holds
M - Rest
T - Norhtampton bouldering session, felt alright.
W - Setting
T - Setting
F- Rest
S - Garage bouldering. Power session, some progress on 1 project.
S - Finger board repeaters.

Looking forward to the new year to start training towards Ceuse in the summer  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal