UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Rivelin][Thumb Wars][7C] (Read 1996 times)

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
[Peak][Rivelin][Thumb Wars][7C]
December 18, 2011, 06:29:13 pm
Percy Bishton spied a new problem up in the gully to the right of Roof Route at Rivelin edge today and kindly let us all have a play.

It's a great little problem and the landing is good with a couple of pads.

Start with a good hold for your RH and a small crimp for the LH, with your LF in a pocket in a small break pull on and get a high RF on the obvious foot hold, from there you can move your LH into a good undercut, take the undercut as a thumb sprag and the bring your RH into the same hold as a thumb sprag as well, from this position it is possible (for the tall, not Rob Napier) to reach up with the LH to a really poor slopey two finger edge, sort out your feet then pop for a good jug in the break followed by a high but easy top out.

I hope that makes sense, the double thumb sprag move is really cool and the problem climbs really well, it felt hard 7c for me but I reckon it could be a tad harder for shorties.

Well worth checking out if you're up at Rivelin Edge, cheers to Percy for showing us the line  :great:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#1 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][Thumb Wars][7C]
December 18, 2011, 08:49:56 pm
This the wall right of Steph? Think I might have tried this ages ago. Good work!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][Thumb Wars][7C]
December 19, 2011, 10:50:44 am
I bet that's the last time percy lets you "play" on anything :)

Sounds good, pics?

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#3 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][Thumb Wars][7C]
December 22, 2011, 11:29:55 pm
This the wall right of Steph? Think I might have tried this ages ago. Good work!

Yeah, that's the one.

I'm afraid I didn't get any pics.

leeroy

• forum abuser
#4 Re: [Peak][Rivelin][Thumb Wars][7C]
December 22, 2011, 11:35:13 pm
looked at this literally two weeks ago. looked very hard, nice one will  :great:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal