UKBouldering.com

Warton Pinnacle - E fix/Poison jug (Read 1304 times)

wintermute

• menacing presence
Warton Pinnacle - E fix/Poison jug
November 24, 2011, 05:13:56 pm
Was doing some work up here with the RSPB this avo and noticed that the jug on E-fix/Poision has completely disintegrated. Managed to find a few bits on the floor but its definitely not repairable. The left hand side bit of the jug always wobbled but this is a much larger and more significant part of the hold that has gone.

Didn't have shoes with me to pull on but reckon the remaining bit of the hold is far too small to match on now. Wonder if you could use the undercut in the roof LH and go RH to the flake from there?

Sad times.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#1 Re: Warton Pinnacle - E fix/Poison jug
November 24, 2011, 06:27:14 pm
Bugger, that was on my to-do list.

The point of Poison was to traverse the lip itself so using the undercut kinda detracts from the line.

Beegsyboy

• regular
#2 Re: Warton Pinnacle - E fix/Poison jug
April 07, 2014, 04:01:37 pm
Thread resurrection! Just wondering if anyone knew if E- Fix was still climbable? Planning on going tomorrow and wondered if it had been done since this break? Cheers

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

jakes

• regular
#3 Re: Warton Pinnacle - E fix/Poison jug
April 07, 2014, 04:44:28 pm
As far as I know, no-one has. Greg mentioned a vague idea of trying to fix the hold, with the bits that fell off...

Poison will be much harder, but E-Fix is more likely to still be do-able. Get on it and see what you think!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal