UKBouldering.com

Dragons vs Teams (Read 8464 times)

Wipey Why

• forum hero
Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 01:55:04 pm
My Dragons will need replacing at some point soonish and I have noted many places selling them Teams at a lower price.  For those of you with experience of them would you recommend them over the Dragon? Any comments on longevity is also appreciated. 

Doylo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 04:55:14 pm
Personally i prefer teams to the dragon. I have been pleasantly surprised with how long they've lasted, i've gone through 2/3 pairs in 2 years and i haven't worn anything else and climb all the time. Where are they going cheap?

Wipey Why

• forum hero

Doylo

• forum hero
#3 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 05:11:45 pm
I heard somewhere they're getting the chop, hopefully not true

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
#4 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 05:16:33 pm
I heard somewhere they're getting the chop, hopefully not true

heard they're making them in black....unless they have since decided not to make them altogether.
hopefully adidas might make an Originals V10
glad i've stocked up 2 in the spare room

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#5 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 05:23:31 pm
I'm fairly impressed with the teams after having a couple of pairs of dragons. The loops are a little savage for putting them on, and have less stitching so I think they will break quicker than the dragons. I can hear the stitching give when my feet aren't going in easily. In terms of fit and performance, I can't see a difference

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#6 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 06:38:32 pm
Dragons are in my opinion the sexiest climbig shoes.
they are great on girls.
they give me the thrills on men also.
plus, my new pair only climbed one problem, one time, and they made it feel piss.

DaveyDave

• addict
#7 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 17, 2011, 07:10:17 pm
Can't vouch for dragons as they make my feet cry, but my teams are great. If you wear a pair of warm up shoes or something before you put them on, the sweat helps them go on nice and easy ;)  :great:

Also they are the best shoes ever. My scarpas get the most horrendous, reproachful look every time I see them, poor things.

Loz!

• regular
#8 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 08:27:01 am
They are both great boots. I guess the main reason I use my Team's more than Dragons is that they are more comfortable and solid for heel/toe locks and toe hooks and the heel feels slightly better fitting.

The durability on both is very good - I'm on the first pair of Team's I bought well over a year ago and have a 2 year old pair of dragons that still haven't died.

I'd go for which fits you best or just get both!  :thumbsup:

(Posted by Crouch on a stolen PC)

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#9 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 09:19:17 am
heard they're making them in black....unless they have since decided not to make them altogether.

This is supposed to be the 2012 Team

Doylo

• forum hero
#10 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 03:12:53 pm
They're black as the ace of spades. I can't live without toe down 5.10s so will prob get them

north_country_boy

• junky
#11 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 04:34:06 pm
Personally i prefer teams to the dragon. I have been pleasantly surprised with how long they've lasted, i've gone through 2/3 pairs in 2 years and i haven't worn anything else and climb all the time. Where are they going cheap?

Rock and run if you take a 7.5

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#12 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 04:36:19 pm
personally if I had to have either or, I'd stick with dragons. I like the teams but I think the dragons are slightly better overall.

north_country_boy

• junky
#13 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 04:39:43 pm
personally if I had to have either or, I'd stick with dragons. I like the teams but I think the dragons are slightly better overall.

I'd agree. If only for the fact that even after 12months of sporadic wear, my Teams are still as much of a bitch to get on as day one., and feel like I could do with half a size smaller when they are on!!

Paul B

• forum hero
#14 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 04:48:38 pm
why they didn't just make the V10 prototypes with a strap I don't know... I've avoided teams after fighting to get them on in various shops!

Doylo

• forum hero
#15 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 05:16:23 pm
Well it's your own fault for going in hard without lube (small piece of plastic suffices)

Stubbs

#16 Re: Dragons vs Teams
November 18, 2011, 05:59:58 pm
Exactly!  Whole plastic bag over foot for trying them on in the shop and then a little slip of plastic bag to help slide your heel in until they are broken in.  Mine slip on and off fine after about a months wear.

I've not worn dragons for ages as I'm on my fourth pair of teams now (which I've got each of for £65 a pair).  Dragons stay a lot stiffer and are probably better for really small edges, but stay clunky for ages before breaking in.  Teams break in a lot faster but therefore soften up quite quickly, and it's down to preference how stiff you like your midsoles.

Heels are better on Dragons, but only on ones where you need to pull really hard, but that's only because they are laced.

cha1n

• forum hero
#17 Re: Dragons vs Teams
January 05, 2012, 12:49:47 pm
Hey

I tried on a pair of teams that were too big for me and there seemed to be a fair amount of spare material bagging around the inside of the shoe. Specifically, the blue, triangle shaped section of material between the strap with the buckle on and inside edge rand rubber (sorry for being so detailed).

Is this a common thing even when the shoe is fitted correctly? It seemed like the shoe was hinging at this baggy section when edging. I also read on someone's blog review of them that they were stiffer than the dragons but they felt softer to me?

I personally can't wear the dragons (too tight on the outside of my foot) but the team seemed to fit better for me, similar fit to the quantum

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#18 Re: Dragons vs Teams
January 05, 2012, 01:01:25 pm
Another thumbs up for Teams. Great step up from 6 year old V10s with a fingertaped outside edge glued on.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#19 Re: Dragons vs Teams
January 05, 2012, 02:24:23 pm
Hey

my Teams are terribly tight and therefore my feet go numb after 30 seconds. nevertheless in that small amount of time I have never noticed anything wrong.
and to me they are stiffer than Dragons.

cha1n

• forum hero
#20 Re: Dragons vs Teams
January 20, 2012, 11:53:21 am
I am now the proud owner of a pair of Teams. Sized them at my street shoe size (1.5 sizes smaller than what I tried on originally due to the shop not having my size) and they fit like a glove. Am going to use plastic bags to save my toe knuckle skin from getting sore for a few sessions but they fit just like my quantums and I never had a problem getting my feet into them at all.

In fact, I'd say that they are a slipper version of the quantums, with toe rubber and a narrower heel, can't go wrong! They are definitely softer than the dragons which means that they might end up being less of an all rounder and I'm not overly happy with the rubberless patch on the inside of the heel but only time will tell if this is a problem.

One thing though, anyone cut the velcro strap down? It's a bit long for my low volume feet. Just wondered if it's going to fall to pieces if I cut it?

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
#21 Re: Dragons vs Teams
January 20, 2012, 12:11:06 pm
carefully melt the end of the strap with a flame from a match

tomtom

• forum hero
#22 Re: Dragons vs Teams
January 20, 2012, 12:53:18 pm
carefully melt the end of the strap with a flame from a match

After cutting it... ;) though you could set light to the end and let it burn down to the requisite length.. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal