UKBouldering.com

Abbott's Cookshop Abbeydale Road (Read 2402 times)

Baron

• obsessive maniac
Abbott's Cookshop Abbeydale Road
October 28, 2011, 08:58:59 pm
http://www.abbottscookshop.co.uk/

Bought a new set of Scanpan pans from here today. Not only did was the service and advice brilliant, they chucked in a few new utensils and gave me a coffee and a biscuit. And knocked of 10%.

Shop there, it's brilliant.

Percy B

• forum hero
    • www.climbingworks.com
#1 Re: Abbott's Cookshop Abbeydale Road
October 28, 2011, 09:13:51 pm
Been a customer for quite a bit now (as has my colleague, Mr Alderson as we both are foodie ponces) and I have to say that the guys know their stuff, and the service has always been awesome. Very good for sharp, pointy things, and for things for the wife to batter you about the head with (Wusthof knives and Scanpan pans). And they still stock stuff that a cook needs, but you can no longer buy in posh kitchenware shops as they are probably no longer fashionable (flour dredgers, wet stones, etc...)

A bit like Shaws Ironmongers, but for cooks. If you do a bit of DIY, Shaws is for you - oooooh, suits you sir!

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Abbott's Cookshop Abbeydale Road
October 28, 2011, 11:01:45 pm
I love it there also. Did you know the thing you measure out shots with is called a jigger? Bought one from there.

RopeBoy

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Abbott's Cookshop Abbeydale Road
November 07, 2011, 11:55:06 pm
Brilliant shop! Almost too good, the wife keeps coming away with something new every time she goes in >:( ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal