UKBouldering.com

Sharp pain in shoulder (Read 1299 times)

Ged

• junky
Sharp pain in shoulder
October 22, 2011, 04:17:16 pm
 Just been to ansteys, and whilst warming up felt a really sharp pain in my left bicep area, towards the shoulder. Tried to get it warmed up, but kept on hurting in any kind of locked off position, so I stopped. It doesn't really feel like a Pulled muscle, and it feels fIne now except in really specific Positions. I climbed 2 days ago and it was fine. It's a definite sharp, shooting pain, very different to the duller aches I've had from rotAtor cuff things before. Any ody experienced anything similar, or any advice other than rest it for a bit and hope for the best?

Cheers'
Ged

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1 Re: Sharp pain in shoulder
October 24, 2011, 11:23:43 pm
Hi Ged, pretty hard to guess without assessing really.... but a load of rotator cuff rehab exercises (favour abduction, lateral rotation, and some medial rotation) would probably be of benefit, or at least no bad thing, as long as they don't hurt to perform. I would go and see an MSK physio and get it checked out though. If its not hurting much in ordinary daily activities, its probably nothing too serious, possibly a small supraspinatus tear, but that is pretty much a stab in the dark, without being able to have a look. Hope that is of some help.... Toby

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#2 Re: Sharp pain in shoulder
October 25, 2011, 12:52:35 am
I've been having a similar thing on and off. Saw a physion who diagnosed it as impingement of the pec minor. Opening up the chest by strecthing more was the diagnosis. I'd see a physion, for a proper diagnosis, but opening up the chest is never a bad thing for climbers.

ducko

• junky
#3 Re: Sharp pain in shoulder
October 25, 2011, 01:54:08 am
get too a physio ideally, i did a load of shoulder rehab stuff when my shoulders were bad, have been mint ever since

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal