UKBouldering.com

[North Yorkshire] [Ravensdale] [Nigels Special Pop] [7a-7b] (Read 2572 times)

Nigel Poustie

• regular
On a little family holiday I made a trip to Ravensdale near Robin Hood's Bay. It is a really nice venue with some excellent looking projects and gaps in the 'betaguides' topo guide.

Nigel's Special Pop is the gap in between problem 5 (ASBO Pops) and problem 6 (Fox). It goes directly up the centre of the wall. It's really pure line with great moves at a good height. I think it's somewhere between 7a and 7b.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera crew with me (@Paul B  ;) ). This isn't filmed through a dirty goldfish bowl but on my mobile as I forgot my camera. It only lets you film 19sec at a time so it's not great but hey, it shows where and how it goes!

LeeRobinson

Good effort! did you top it out? I'll add it to the guide. A few other problems have now been done, including Tom's 8a 'Requiem for a dream' sorry I haven't added them to the topo, too busy on the guide. hope you enjoyed what you did.

Nigel Poustie

• regular
Of course I topped out! I wouldn't be claiming it otherwise would I?
The mobile phone only allows 19sec at a time and it stopped there and only started up again when I was already over the top.

Tom?  where does the 8a go?

LeeRobinson

Sorry Nigel, I didn't mean that in a bad way, The 8a tackles the steep left hand arete on the Big Sister, I think both might have been done not sure?

Nigel Poustie

• regular
Yeah that looks great, do you reckon the right arete has also been done at what grade? Tom who?

LeeRobinson

Tom Newman, I just got the news second hand, but the info was that the left arete was 8a and the right was 7c+?, he also did the rail you tried at the back, Mike gray has also added another problem next to the rail. if you are ever over this way again give me a shout.
again well done and sorry for the misunderstanding.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal