UKBouldering.com

Magic woods and caravan (Read 2240 times)

AB

• regular
Magic woods and caravan
July 20, 2011, 10:15:17 am
Going to europe on the 31st for 6 weeks and part of the plan is to go to magic woods and then Mello. We're taking a small caravan with us and at the start of the trip there is going to be 5 people in the car. I was wondering whether mountain passes would stop rule either of these two destinations out? Also would a caravan be permitted in the magic woods campsite? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 20, 2011, 12:57:21 pm
I've seen a photo of le sausage with a caravan parked up on the Magic Wood site, it wasn't massive though a 5 person sized one might be a bit tight.

Mello will be fine depending on which route you take into Italy. My only concern with towing a caravan up to Magic etc. would be my tow vehicle!

AB

• regular
#2 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 21, 2011, 06:20:42 pm
Sorry  meant to say it's only a tiny caravan (a eriba puck to be precise!) so two are going to sleep in there and the rest of us sleep in tents so sounds like the magic woods campsite should be fine. No chance you know what the road actually to Magic woods is like? Only reason why im worrying is because my car only has 90 horses. Looked on google maps and looks like if i go via arco i can avoid any mountain passes and stay on the motorways into italy  ;D Off in a week and super psyched!

Paul B

• forum hero
#3 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 21, 2011, 11:33:00 pm
Its fine.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#4 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 22, 2011, 07:50:24 am
Yip, we took our little Eriba to Magic Wood earlier this year for a month. Was perfect. What car is it? I would have thought 5 people + stuff and the 'van means it's going to be a slo-o-o-o-w journey!
Have fun

AB

• regular
#5 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 22, 2011, 10:28:19 am
Its a 1.6 focus diesel, did my first trip to the Gower with it this weekend (passing a crashed 'van on the M5!) and it felt all right. Stopping off in Luxembourg for some sandstone climbing on the way so we'll just set aside a day for the journey to magic woods so time isn't an issue, most worried about any steep descents but sounds like we should be ok.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#6 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 22, 2011, 01:07:56 pm
you are going to put alot of strain on that engine.

The Sausage

• forum abuser
#7 Re: Magic woods and caravan
July 28, 2011, 07:49:10 am
Have a great time!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal