UKBouldering.com

Any Malham gurus/gods/coaches up for a challenge? (Read 1729 times)

allymar

Here it is. I've got a son wanting to do Predator or Mandela before his 15th birthday on the 21st. He's capable of it and we had it all set up for a try next weekend until the main guy going to try to get him up got a last minute offer of a clashing world class trip which neither my boy or I begrudge him opting for. Apparently getting up these is beta-dependent (is that a word?). Is anyone who fits the headline bill up for stepping in to the breach. If it's on a pro basis that's cool; it would be a birthday present from me. Please e-mail. Thanks. He's got time off school Friday to Tuesday.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
Am I missing something? Your son is capable, and wants to climb predator? Its fine to get a rope on it, so are you asking for a belayer?
Apparently getting up these is beta-dependent
Thats why he needs to get on it and work it out, no?

Someone will be about with alternate numbers for any crux's I expect(there usually is)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Can't help re full beta as I've not been on it. As Stallioni says beta is usually available on the catwalk if you ask. Chances are he'll end up working it with someone else - it's a popular route.

If he's stuck on any sections he can post here for advice

allymar

The young man is in a hurry, which is why we're after guidance! Am I right (anyone) in thinking it's OK to get up there and he'll find people who will work it with him?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 01:38:27 pm by shark »

robertostallioni

• forum hero

The young man is in a hurry

:)

good luck to him on whatever route he picks.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
The young man is in a hurry, which is why we're after guidance! Am I right (anyone) in thinking it's OK to get up there and he'll find people who will work it with him?

Emma Twyford did it earlier this year and is going up to Malham at weekends and may be around for advice. You could even try contacting her via facebook to she if she would be up for coaching him up it for a fee. The question is does he really want to be spoon-fed to this extent ? 

(ps Sorry if I inadvertently changed your post - it was an accident)

allymar

He's very reluctant to be spoon fed but psyched to madness to do it next weekend! Pretend you're an agony uncle - what would you advise dad to do!! We've found someone to go with him who knows it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal