UKBouldering.com

[Peak][Reynard's Cave, Dovedale][Bo Bridges][7b] (Read 6146 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
This is in the smaller of the two caves behind Reynard's Arch. Start sitting at the base of the central pillar and climb this to a tricky exit into a big hole in the roof. It doesn’t have any eliminate rules, I used footholds on the side walls. Also good at about 7a+ if climbed from standing starting at the midway jugs. Good problem I thought, kind of similar to Nuda's Tartan at Nuda's Tartan. It’s quite long and feels about route 7c+. I’ll post a pic when I get a chance.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Nice one John. Lovely spot too with the ledge at the front. If that cave was at Stoney it would have a gazillion problems.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Have put details on peakbouldering.info, including parking and walk in etc.
A coulple of poor quality pics:

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
Looked at, didn't try, this yesterday. Looks good, well spotted! Will be back so i'll probably pull on :)

stokesy

• regular
Went down for a look at this today, some really good moves and in a nice place, definitely be back for it. Got distracted trying another line which went at about 7a+. Started from jugs on the left arete of the cave entrance traversed rightwards on head height holds until a pair of jugs are reached a foot right of an obvious green streak, from there a long reach to holds on Bo Bridges and finishing in the hole as for that problem. Don't know if you've already done this bonjoy? I'l post it on peakbouldering if not. Class little venue anyway, some other lines as well to go back for ;D

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Nice one! Got a name for it? I spotted the line but didn't get time to try it.

jimmykay

• regular
First ascent Ben? Nice one. I'll go and do it and drop the grade to v3! :-) I'm free next weekend to check this place out if you fancy heading back? Altho I'm pretty keen for Dinas Rock as the moment!

stokesy

• regular
Yeah I'd be well up for another visit jay, will text you. Route name: 'Into the gloom.'
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:15:07 pm by stokesy »

dr crimp

• regular
Nice one Bonjoy.Eyed that up a while ago while down the dale sorting some other progects(details soon, its been a long road) .As for the7a+,did that bout a year or so ago,thought it was a good problem with sweet moves for the grade(any ideas for a name ?).

stokesy

• regular
Nice problem aint it? Feel free to rename it if you think of a better one! Did you do the traverse of the right wall? Got the moves sussed, need to finish it off though.

dr crimp

• regular
The 7a+ was the only problem i climbed in there.The trav looked good.Hope you get it sent soon.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I cleaned and did the right wall trav in sections but didn't have time and/or energy to  climb it that day. Seems like it will be a really good prob, I'd guess at about 7b+ but hard to tell how hard the end will feel on the link.

stokesy

• regular
7b+ ? Where were you trying it from? I was sit starting off a big obvious ledge at least a couple of foot below the traverse line itself (so big first move), just right of serious crudiness, and not quite as far back as the bo bridges start. Felt 7a+ maybe? Dunno i cud be taking a more liberal line and I'm terrible at grading  :doubt: Agreed very good moves though, some good varied stuff.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I was starting way back in the cave where there is a tufa ledge for your left foot (I think this was deeper in than the start of bb), mostly I was traversing with feet just above ground level though I did head up a bit in the first half. I could well be way out on the grade as I was knackered when I tried it and didn't spend much time working out best beta.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:02:11 pm by Bonjoy »

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Did the right wall traverse today when out with the family. I went to do Arch Enemies, but it wasn't really possible to get ropes on in the time we had so I did 20 mins bouldering.

I started on the right hand end of the footledge in the back of the cave, finished on slabby bit next to the grass, stayed low(ish) all the way (went slightly higher in the middle, but low at the end). Not sure of grade as I didn't work a sequence properly, 7b/+ maybe, might be easier. Crux at the end. Quite good as vert traverses go I suppose, but it's not Arch Enemies. Bo Bridges looks the better line. I'll think of a name and write it up properly if it's not already been done.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal