UKBouldering.com

Mono bulge stuff - Burbage [inc some new probs 6b - 7b] (Read 31419 times)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I'd agree it's easier than Made in Sheffield, which was given 7b, hence logically Monochrome is either hard 7a+ or easy 7b. Ok some folk say (inc. the guide) hard 7a+ for MiS, either way it doesn't make Monochrome 7a. It makes sense to compare against established benchmarks when grading.
Disclaimer: I do Monochrome via a ludicrous no left heel hooks sequence due to a dodgy hamstring so have no idea how hard the standard way is.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
sorry to drag this back up.
Tried this yesterday but as my left arm/shoulder is still pretty weak and my core is made of jelly I couldn't do the left heel hook release/put right heel hook on ( as in the beta in both the vids). All the other moves are fine except this.
Any other beta worth trying?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Which prob are you after beta for, Monochrome or Mono Bulge?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Sorry, Monochrome

galpinos

• forum hero
Sorry, Monochrome

erm, Sam, of this parish, did it without the heelhook. He just laid one on for the right hand crimp above the bulge with his left heel on. This meant he didn't need to do all the heel faffing and could just get on with slapping up the left arete. He's not strong but he is long, i.e. if you can reach the hold, you could stick it.

I couldn't get away with that so did it with the heel release and swap. It was the crux for me, when I got it, I did the problem. I had to virtually take the left heel off, staically hold myslef, then slowly raise my right otherwise my left hand peeled off. The lad I was with when I did it could happily release his left and swing his right up in a fluid movement. This seeemd the living end for me......

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
Thanks, tried slapping with right hand with left heel still on but felt to weird/awkward. will just have to get stronger/less flabby

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Someone emailed Gareth through pb.info that the right hand start hold of asylum sika has come off in two parts. It's been left beneath the problem. Got any sika left, Bonjoy?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Cheers for the heads up. I'll have a look.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Cleaned and stuck the hold back on today. Should be bomb proof now. Everything on the block was bone dry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal