UKBouldering.com

Recommend a doss spot near the Channel Tunnel? (Read 3693 times)

RichK

• menacing presence
Off Euro cragging in a fortnight  :dance1: and our channel crossing is very early morning. Anyone know a quiet van doss near the Tunnel (Folkestone).  :icon_beerchug:

Paul B

• forum hero
there's a services which is huge and regularly has big campers in it advertised on the signs "welcoming early arrivals" etc.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
Just turn up early and get on an earlier tunnel! Every year when we go skiing we book the cheap early morning tickets and turn up about 3 the afternoon before - have always got an earlier tunnel offered by the automatic check in. the longest we have had to wait is 4 hours (was still 3 hours before our scheduled departure time though.)

tomtom

• forum hero
or just leave really early/late evening and avoid all the traffic around Londinium.. of which there has always been more than expected...

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
google maps plan a time.. minus an hour.. book it and go... it just works!!

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
Depending on where you're coming from Medway services is good for a doss.

Its a bit of a drive in the morning mind and you might be accosted by an odd bloke in an Ushanka. You may also be picked up by a firmly creationist truck driver who gives you a lift because its "the feast of St Patrick". Eddie I think his name was.

psychomansam

• forum hero
Stick this into google maps:

Crete Road West, Folkestone to eurotunnel

A quiet lane good for parking a van up with a nice view out over the channel(tunnel)

I grew up there, so my doss spot en route to europe is the parents house, pretty convenient, but the only time i see them just about!

Have a good trip!

RichK

• menacing presence

A quiet lane good for parking a van up with a nice view out over the channel(tunnel)

:great:

RichK

• menacing presence

I grew up there, so my doss spot en route to europe is the parents house, pretty convenient, but the only time i see them just about!

Have a good trip!

The doss was perfect :beer2: Duly wad'd

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal