UKBouldering.com

Clutch - V10? (Read 2173 times)

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
Clutch - V10?
March 01, 2004, 01:44:20 pm
News Flash - NW Bouldering Guide out of date again!  Sorry Simon, I could not resist!  New V10 - maybe a bit harder (?) on Marine Drive on the Orme.  Pretty much where Mayfair Wall meets the road there is a kind of semi circle roof feature which comes down to meet the road.  Sit start inside of this (bottom right hand corner) and ascend via big undercuts, then climb rightwards to a hard crux move through blankness (v.small sloper), with a pop to wide pinch.  Finish on twin pockets.  I could have been a bit blinkered on this, there could be room for French faggotry, but you;ll have to look for yourself, but I think I've got the sequence right!?  Oh, and it's called Clutch.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 Clutch - V10?
March 01, 2004, 01:54:54 pm
You big tart, it doesn't count unless you complete the traverse line right into easy ground. I reckon you need to traverse in from the left as well, or else the sds position is contestable. The further right you start, the easier it will be - am I right, or am I right?

I don't know Chris, I set you up with a great project and you turn it into a dodgy eliminate. :roll:

Doylo

• forum hero
#2 Clutch - V10?
March 01, 2004, 02:06:30 pm
Is it on the small buttress right by the road with a few banned routes on it?

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#3 Clutch - V10?
March 01, 2004, 03:08:18 pm
What do you mean, start further left?  When sat on yo ass you are confronted with a huge under cut system, v. obvious start position.  climb up to the two heigher under cuts and then climb/slap rightwards towards layaway/pockets.  You could continue past this point to a jug, but its about english 4b, and you climb down hill - shite, or am I missing something?  I don't think so Tubs.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#4 Clutch - V10?
March 01, 2004, 03:58:19 pm
Chris Doyle: dead right about the position. One of those things I've been meaning to try for years, but keep forgetting. had a look a couple of weeks ago, but the main footholds were soaking.

CJD: I've seen you fall off 4a moves when you're pumped. :wink:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal