UKBouldering.com

[Dead Cat Bounce][E6 6b][Garn Boduan - Lleyn Peninsular] (Read 2955 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Big G climbs radical steep line on umbrella crag near Nefyn:

http://news.v12outdoor.com/2011/05/18/dead-cat-bounce-e6-6b-garn-boduan/

Quite a wacky place, the route is awesome and there is lots of potential for more crazy steep stuff that will stay dry in the rain.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
That's the state of Welsh trad 2011, right there. Good to see George still taking the bull by the horns.

Stubbs

What sort of rock is that, some sort of brecchia or pyroclastic?  Weird looking stuff.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Wow I've wandered all over that hill exploring and never stumbled across that wall.  The lleyn is a gift that keeps on giving...

Pantontino

• forum hero
I know it looks a bit shonky, but this is a truly great route with a lot of character. The lower wall feels a bit spooky (at least until you get to the scrube which is bomber) and 'stuck-on' in places, but the crux bulge section has superb rock (feels like dolerite).

It's right by the road and is not hidden at all - I couldn't believe that such a sizeable cliff could sit unnoticed in such a prominent position. Wierd, witchcraft perhaps?

Oh, and the shenanigans with the rope and fishing rod - that was just while he was sussing the line out one day last year. Glenn Robbins (the famous Aussie photgrapher) is staying in Wales at the moment and he is sending me some better shots of the actual first ascent. I should have them online tomorrow.

account_inactive

• forum hero
Crazy stuff going on there

Pantontino

• forum hero
Glenn's pics of the FA are up now.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
So this must be the infamous 'Ivy' crag that i heard about a few years back... I've been wondering where on earth it was.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal