UKBouldering.com

£3000, beer, curry, slacklining and some climbing (Read 6132 times)

tomstewart

• Rock Over Climbing
  • Rock Over Climbing
    • www.rockoverclimbing.com
To celebrate our FIRST BIRTHDAY, ROCK OVER CLIMBING will once again be hosting our

SUMMER ROC FEST 2011 ON SATURDAY 4TH JUNE

The Summer ROC Fest is a massive climbing event centred around an open bouldering competition with a £3000 prize fund, which is aimed at absolutely everyone from complete beginners to the British Team!
Throughout the day, there will be a host of other activities and prizes including:

•   Male & female open comp 1st prizes £500 each
•   Male & Female cash prize problem. £100 each
•   Separate routes and categories for Veterans, beginners and juniors
•   7th - 12th place climb off for open com
•   Team prizes (scores will only count if the team is in better fancy dress than the boss!)
•   Slackline competition and prizes
•   Raffles
•   Curry
•   Beers at Club Rock Over!
•   DJ’s
•   Friendly, fun, party atmosphere 
•   And much, much more!!!!

After the days competition we will be dancing the night, away at club 'Rock Over', 45 Julia Street, Strangeways!

There are limited spaces for the competition, so you must register in advance by either phone 0161 288 1218 or email info@rockoverclimbing.com

Entry will cost just your normal entry, please note that climbing passes don't count on ROC fest days.

On the day the doors, will open at 11:00 with climbing starting at 12:00, we will be setting 50 problems for the qualifiers, with each category competing on 30 problems, this way the juniors and beginners will have more routes to climb whilst the adult open categories will still be challenged with a full grade range, the idea behind this is that everyone has more stuff to climb and has much more fun!

This year we are creating even more categories than before by splitting the juniors and adding a beginners category, the categories will be as follows:

Male & Female Open (16+)
Male & Female Veteran (40+)
Male & Female Junior A (6 – 10)
Male & Female Junior B (11 – 15)
Male & Female Beginner
Team (4 climbers, must be mixed, cross dressing does not count but will make us laugh and will probably win you a spot prize!)

After the qualifiers we will be holding a 7th – 12th place playoff for those climbers who didn’t quite make the final, this will consist of one attempt at one route against the clock.

The finals will start at 17:00 and will take the top 6 competitors from the Adult Open categories, they will compete on a set of super hard boulder problems in front of the crowd, the finals are always a fantastic opportunity to watch the very best climbers in Britain, and the best part is that you can watch this and cheers them on whilst having a few beers!!

This will be a fantastic day out, regardless of your age or ability, our aim is to make it as inclusive to absolutely everyone as we can, and remember, it’s our BIRTHDAY PARTY!!

http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/news/summer-rockfest-2011/

http://www.rockoverclimbing.co.uk/gallery/autumn-roc-fest/

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.445899147085.228957.255125752085

Call us on 0161 288 1218 or email on info@rockoverclimbing.com for more info etc....

Kind regards,

Rock Over Climbing
45 Julia Street
Strangeways
M3 1LN
info@rockoverclimbing.com
http://www.rockoverclimbing.com

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:20:24 pm by Bubba, Reason: bbcode parsing problem. »

gremlin

• stalker
  • Ripped, but still shit!
    • Java shit
This sounds like fun.  :bounce:

Thinking of entering. Not sure what category I'd put myself in though. I'd easily qualify for the vets but not sure if I should enter as a beginner.

How is 'beginner' defined?  :-\

tomstewart

• Rock Over Climbing
  • Rock Over Climbing
Beginner is V0-V4, does not really matter how long you have climbed, also if you do all the routes you can then get onto other comp routes as well. The vets, works from about V0-V5/V6. Out of the 50 routes set, we select differnt combinations of 30 for each category, trying to give a good climbing seesions, with routes you can flash, work and really get your teeth stuck into and challenge you at the same time.

Hope this helps a bit. if you get stuck you can also ask the guys on the day for advice.

we are always there to help and make your day fun and enjoyable

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
Well, I'm definately in the V0 - V4 range so I may as well enter as a beginner!  :)

tomstewart

• Rock Over Climbing
  • Rock Over Climbing
Sounds like a good plan, if you have any other questions just ask. If you email the guys on info@rockoverclimbing.com, you can then get your place registered. 

look forward to seeing you on June 4th :thumbsup:

gremlin

• stalker
    • Java shit
I'm there on Wednesday for the Leah Crane coaching thing so I'll register then.

tomstewart

• Rock Over Climbing
  • Rock Over Climbing
You will really enjoy the leah crane coaching she is very good. Also have a look at the guided bouldering with Jordan Buys, I know this went do extremely well with the guys on the day. They learnd alot and thought his coaching was great. Also go to go to a brilliant venue in Bridestones

tomstewart

• Rock Over Climbing
  • Rock Over Climbing
We have just taken delivery of large stack of plywood! What could we be upto just before a big comp? Some changes to the wall maybe mmmmmmm have to wait and see? :clap2: :clap2:

maybe_si

• player

Sponsors so far include:

Boreal
Beastmaker
Cotswold Outdoor
Helly Hansen
Frog and Bucket
Bookers
Axfords

maybe_si

• player

Competition places are filling up fast, to reserve your place at this epic event then just call us on 0161 288 1218 or email info@rockoverclimbing.com

cheers

simon

maybe_si

• player

Just to let everyone know that the centre will be closed on Friday 3rd June in preparation for the Summer ROCFEST on Saturday 4th June.  And possibly to rebuild bits of the comp wall!

maybe_si

• player

We have just confirmed a live covers band and a shed load of beer for the evening party at the centre and a dj for the competition during the daytime, we are now taking any requests for tunes to get you psyched for cranking hard!! :strongbench:  :dance1:

tomstewart

• Rock Over Climbing
  • Rock Over Climbing
Heard Paul wanted somehting by the Wurzels!! I would go for Scream remix of La roux 'In for the kill' i think that is it anway, DJ simon you listening?

theemoominhunter

• regular
Just want to say i went out with Skyler last year for a POD photoshoot, hees a nice guy. He wanted us to get him phsyced up to do a massive dyno on stanage but instead of the usual yank whooping we told him to hurry up because we wanted a pint. He didnt do the dyno. He never called us back.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal