UKBouldering.com

[Yorkshire][Guisecliff][Super G aka Pinch Perfect][7c-8a ish?] (Read 5896 times)

Nigel Poustie

• regular
This a steep ramp line to the right of Sucker Punch, from the lowest possible holds and avoiding the ledge out right (which doesn't come into play at all).
This has been a project of mine for about three years! I've tried it a lot over that time, I've even had a replica on my board and recently I've been doing repeaters pinching a breeze block as training! so it is hard!
I always thought I would I would give it 8a no doubt but as usual when it came to it, it felt okay. This is why I've given a vague grade - I can't see it been easier than 7c nor can I see it harder than 8a, hopefully someone will do it and confirm the difficultly.
Anyway the many thing is I have finally done it and it climbs really well and Guisecliff now has a hard problem for folk to go at. I should also say you'll need three pads, two to level which I staked in place and one over the top. It's fine with this arrangement - stakes to hold pads in place are definitely the knowledge for Guisecliff.
I did get video footage but I still can't edit on my computer so I'll have to go to Faye's mum in York to put that up so it will have to come later.

andy_e

• forum hero
Saw chalk on this on saturay and wondered what it was, it looks good! Looking forward to the video.

Nigel Poustie

• regular
Cheers, Andi. Was it you we saw leaving night? Or is Guisecliff becoming popular? - I doubt it!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 11:58:38 am by Nigel Poustie »

andy_e

• forum hero
Last night? No, I was there on saturday, I got a royal spanking and left with my tail between my legs and my finger tips shredded. Can't wait to get back though, good venue! Shame it's tricky to get around and a bit spread out.

Nigel Poustie

• regular
Oh right, there was three other guys there yesterday too. The new guide must by attracting people to the delights of Guisecliff. If it wasn't for the 45 degree bank and it been a bit like the Amazon rain forest I sure it would be one of the most popular venues in Yorkshire. The problems are amazing. The trick of staking the pads down is really useful there, still there's no avoiding the hacking about though.
What is it your trying there?

andy_e

• forum hero
I was on a Little Sparke for ages but I'm too white to dyno and my shoes are fucked so I couldn't stand on the smears. By the time I gave up I was knackered but I was wanting to get on sucker punch, BC, tom's thing in the quarry, pok-a-tok, trust... the list goes on.

Nigel Poustie

• regular

uptown

• junky
Good effort Nige, sounds good.
I've been lifting a few breeze blocks recently, I might go check it out.

andy_e

• forum hero
Uhoh, uptown's been training. Look out world.

Nigel Poustie

• regular
Definitely, Andy. Go and try it, it would be good to get a second opinion. Lifting a breeze block would also have been really helpful too. The pinch on it which your on for most of the crux is a very similar size to a breeze block.

Anyway, After a bit of struggle I have managed to get the video on You Tube. It had to be filmed with a fish eye because we couldn't get the camera far enough away without cutting most of the bottom of the problem][url][/url] due to the slope of the hill.

Here it is....

Paul B

• forum hero
did you film that through a dirty goldfish bowl?

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Looks cool. Like the totally amateur sponsor logos ;)

caedmon_m

• http://www.bigpebbles.co.uk
Nice one Nige, looks really nice... and about 6a the way you cruised it then!!

Quite like the wobbly logos :)

Stubbs

Looks great Nigel, well done.

Tim

uptown

• junky

Nigel Poustie

• regular
Thanks a lot guys!

Caed: I'm not sure you can say three years of working it cruising! but I guess when it came to it, it went well.... I think I'm fairly strong at the moment, you can always be stronger though! Take care, mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal