UKBouldering.com

Strange local or access issues to Wolf Edge!? (Read 2020 times)

Eddies

• forum hero
Whilst walking along the main track to Wolf Edge on Sunday I passed a local man with three boarder collies who explained to me that my partner and I were trespassing!

I told the man that I thought we were on a public footpath and knew nothing about any access issues to the crag or surrounding area.
He said that there is a footpath but that it runs through the fields further over to the right hand side of where the main track runs but walking along the main track was not allowed. However, he said that we were OK to carry on along our route as ‘we weren’t doing him any harm’!

We made our apologies and carried along the track,  up and over Wolf Edge to the end were public footpath signs indicate a path down the valley and off the moor.

heelhookofglory

• menacing presence
    • SPC
Not that I know of. Have you spoken to the local BMC access rep?

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Wolf Edge is a little odd as most of it is on access land but the bit in the field (mid left) isnt. Strictly speaking the footpath from the edge of Flash does not follow the track all the way (it crosses fields at the start). Not all tracks are public rights of way.

Does the guy with the collies own the field (he came an had a look at me when I was there last)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal