UKBouldering.com

Air France = Thieving barstewards (Read 12031 times)

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#25 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 05, 2011, 03:22:49 pm
Success!!!!!

Virgin have now confirmed I can definitely take my pad as sports equipment.

They're now also raising the issue internally to get a specific "Climbing Equipment" section on their Sporting Equipment page to confirm what people can and cannot take with them to provide some consistency for us rock gropers.  :2thumbsup: :great: :2thumbsup:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#26 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 05, 2011, 03:26:46 pm
When you get it back, perhaps consider writing it up as an article for posting on the UKB front page?

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#27 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 05, 2011, 03:34:35 pm
Indeed I will.

I'll keep on at them on it until something gets done, I'm all too aware that things like this can fizzle out unless someone's pushing it. The chap I spoke to seemed very enthusiastic about it though and liked the thought of being able to put one over on the likes of Air France.

I'll be posting up photos etc once we get back too so you can all have a good laugh at my poor footwork and weak fingers.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#28 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 05, 2011, 07:21:33 pm
Indeed I will.

I'll keep on at them on it until something gets done, I'm all too aware that things like this can fizzle out unless someone's pushing it. The chap I spoke to seemed very enthusiastic about it though and liked the thought of being able to put one over on the likes of Air France.

I'll be posting up photos etc once we get back too so you can all have a good laugh at my poor footwork and weak fingers.

All well and good getting one over on AF but Virgin don't fly Manchester-CDG  ;)

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#29 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 05, 2011, 08:17:57 pm
Yeah I know, but hopefully if Virgin get it sorted it might give people a platform to challenge other airlines to do the same. As far as I'm aware there's pretty much a general consensus across all the airlines on what ski/snowboard equipment can be taken, hopefully climbing equipment could eventually get to the same point.

(Though I'm aware this could very well be wishful thinking!)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#30 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 06, 2011, 09:24:14 am
Get a printout of whatever you are told so you have it in writing when you get to the airport. I had shit with Air France trying to bring a surfboard back from SA, and if I hadn't had a printout I could shove in their faces they would have screwed me royally. As it was I just got a gentle shafting.

rodma

• forum hero
#31 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 06, 2011, 10:37:02 am
If you manage to get pads recognised as sporting equipment, won't we all have to pay a surcharge for checking it in, rather than just checking it in as a bag, or will it cost the same?

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#32 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 06, 2011, 12:00:47 pm
Get a printout of whatever you are told so you have it in writing when you get to the airport. I had shit with Air France trying to bring a surfboard back from SA, and if I hadn't had a printout I could shove in their faces they would have screwed me royally. As it was I just got a gentle shafting.

oh yes indeedy! Definitely taking confirmation on the day that I have permission to take it, they're not catching me with that cvnts trick.

Rodma - Sports equipment is free to check in with Virgin. Even if other airlines do specify a surcharge for it at least you'll know for sure what you'd have to pay rather than getting stung at the desk as has happened with GraemeA et al

rodma

• forum hero
#33 Re: Air France = Thieving barstewards
April 06, 2011, 12:12:39 pm
True

A little certainty would go a long way. It would certainly help with deciding whether to bother taking a mat in the first place.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal