UKBouldering.com

Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor (Read 5213 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
February 20, 2004, 06:47:20 pm
Well have been going quite well recently so thought I might have a go at these. Now I'm no midget (no giant neither), but I couldn't reach any of the holds. I managed to touch the ones on the left (autumn?) by jumping but it seemed you'd need to be tall to catch em. Now a long time ago, on another thread entirely, Ru wrote:
I've done Feel Good and I've absolutely no idea how hard it is. It must be quite hard cos it's got very little holds. Apparently Big Ron could hit the top evey go, but could never do the mantle.
I did it with my Dad 'spotting' while on a boxing day walk. I was made up, but Dad didn't think it looked very hard and pointed out that it wasn't very high.

Now Ru is approaching midgetdom. So what goes on - am I being lame or what??

dave

#1 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
February 20, 2004, 07:50:25 pm
don't you start on some tiny crimps just left (like 3-4') of heart arete? then go str8 up for feel bo, and ape left for autumn innit?

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#2 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
February 20, 2004, 08:46:17 pm
isn't there a cheat stone or something that's allowed? Not been for ages but seem to remember a rock there enabling you to reach the crimps

dave k

• obsessive maniac
#3 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
February 20, 2004, 09:43:03 pm
I climbed autumn earler this week. Well a direct variant that I thinks easier. Try it (I am only 5'9) Just jump to the good crimps. The traverse in looks nails.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#4 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
February 21, 2004, 08:06:18 pm
Yeah that looks easiest out of the options - I guess this the problem known as 'Fall'.

As for cheat stones - there is nothing natural to stand on, but there were two big grit cobbles in a very suspicious place - is anyone going to own up??

c.j.d.

• forum abuser
  • Great.
#5 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
March 02, 2004, 02:48:30 pm
The first time I went to try feel... there was a huge cheat stone - used in the first ascent.  The next time it was gone, third time back again.  I've no idea if it has been done without - you would need to be quite tall.  Any help?

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#6 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
March 02, 2004, 02:52:12 pm
Huge Lank-monster kiwi Seb (11.9 feet tall) threw the boulder down the hill in disgust and did it without, which is all very well if you are 26 feet tall.

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#7 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
March 02, 2004, 03:13:26 pm
Did these at the wend so maybe of help (Am only 5'7 so at least can give a short person perogative.

You definately need a stone or pads to reach the 1st holds or there's no way to get them unless you're  agiant.

Feel good doing the rock over felt 7c max. But the original way (ie. Jerrys campus) has to be 8a. A rare victory for the short. Match crimps, do a footless pull up until you can get right foot on dish out right, grab top & mantel. A bit similar to short persons variant on Play Hard at Curbar but this is a lot harder than Feel good.

Autum is 7b+. Hold left hand crimp of feel good with right hand. Right foot on obvious low bobble. Then jump swing and pull up to catch hold on left footless. Traverse on crimps to sloper on top with left and get right foot to the good edge you jumped to and scary rockover.

Both brilliant!

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#8 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
December 16, 2005, 05:54:54 pm
I know this thread is old. I went up and tried feel good, using cheat stone as it advises in the new guide, my Q is should you be putting left foot on first, then right, or is ok to put right on and pull from there?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#9 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
December 16, 2005, 06:05:57 pm
there are no rules here, the only rule is that you don't jump using the stone. if you get my drift

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#10 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
December 20, 2005, 07:20:33 pm
you can do feel good in a bunch of ways I think... putting your right leg on from the ground (have to be quite flexi), or pulling on and then putting your right foot out right (still need to be a little flexi). I couldn't get my leg out that high so took to another method. Put right foot on th eobvious first hold, pulled on and campussed/jumped for the top. Think that is the original method and the one that makes you feel like a real rock star.

//be like Jerry.

ferret

• forum abuser
#11 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
December 21, 2005, 03:29:04 am
ian fitz did the moves from the ground to the 2 crimps without cheat stone but was fallin off last moves years ago, got disilusioned when jerry then did it with stone and gave up. about time somebody else cleaned up this prob and dispensed with said stupid stone.

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#12 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
December 21, 2005, 08:21:16 pm
re. autumn, the jump does seem improbable, till you get your acrobatics sorted, use a cheat stone, look outwards and clap 4 times!
found the topout grim tho, in a chin grinder style (interesting fact here - when jerry did this problem he hand traversed the top for a few moves to the left arete, thus avoiding said chinfest)

gertrude

#13 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
January 27, 2006, 11:12:12 am
it's already been done without the stone

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#14 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
January 27, 2006, 11:51:58 am
Yeah that's dead useful 'trude.
Hows about telling us who, when and whether they actually climbed it or just lanked it?

a dense loner

• forum hero
#15 Feel good/ Autumn at t'eagle tor
January 30, 2006, 09:05:02 pm
let me guess, kiwi seb?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal