UKBouldering.com

Carlo Traversi video; The Game (Read 18939 times)

saltbeef

• forum hero
#50 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 09:57:13 pm
is it true you like traversing?

ferret

• forum abuser
#51 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 10:00:36 pm
Apologies guys.  I didn't make the video and in an effort to get content out as fast as possible, I posted without thinking about it.  Despite the fact that everyone was purely joking around, I do agree that it's distasteful for it to appear in a video.  I fixed the source file on vimeo.  It's just the send now.  I appreciate the feedback.

good effort on picking up on this and responding positively and so fast to the critisism. great effort btw..

i really hope so...

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#52 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 10:05:48 pm
Hi Carlo, thanks for having the grace to post a response.  :wave:
Good tick by the way. Jon

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#53 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 10:06:16 pm
Apologies guys.  I didn't make the video and in an effort to get content out as fast as possible, I posted without thinking about it.  Despite the fact that everyone was purely joking around, I do agree that it's distasteful for it to appear in a video.  I fixed the source file on vimeo.  It's just the send now.  I appreciate the feedback.

good effort on picking up on this and responding positively and so fast to the critisism. great effort btw..
agreed. Great effort on the send as well

erm, sam

• forum hero
#54 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 10:26:12 pm
Hugs all round!

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#55 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 10:35:13 pm
As the thread starter, my follow up two penneth is thus:

Agreed the camera man is the number one dickhead with the the random guy and then CT as knobheads equal 2nd, but never the less it could have been edited and posting it on your blog = condoning the contents.

I am not personally offended by the comments but I think them unpleasant and the world does not need any more mindless misogynism than it already has. Rape is real, it is mostly perpetrated by men against women and anything which normalises it or makes it less socially unacceptable is bad.

I don't really care how many beaver jokes you make at the Cave, or how climbing with the Catterals would turn me pale.
I just think that behavior such as on the video is crass and stupid and putting it on a high profile video that will probably be of interest to a huge number of people is short sighted.
I don't think their actions will directly effect the number of rapes, but I think highly profile people who may be sources of inspiration for others posting such material up helps to create an atmosphere that is less inclusive for all individuals, and that can only be bad.

I don't start crying when people post about a problem having rapey holds or what have you but I wish they wouldn't.
I sometimes wish people would consider how their actions might positively or negatively impact on the wider world outside their own personal experiences.

Here endeth my thoughts on lads joking about rape.
:agree:

well said

Duma

• forum hero
#56 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 14, 2011, 11:19:34 pm
How this thread has developed is great, and is one of the (main?) reasons why UKB is awesome.

nik at work

• forum hero
#57 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 15, 2011, 07:51:09 am
Nice one for responding to the comments, and good climbing. I'm impressed on both counts :thumbsup:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#58 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 15, 2011, 08:27:22 am
Nice one for responding to the comments, and good climbing. I'm impressed on both counts :thumbsup:

:agree: Props for sorting out the video and posting here.  Good skills on the Game too.

Ru

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#59 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 15, 2011, 08:43:47 am
Great response Carlo, and great send. 

Shark, now this is all fixed etc can we lock the thread and maybe even delete it so that it doesn't show up if Carlo's name is Googled?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#60 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 15, 2011, 08:53:34 am

i really hope so...

It would be contraversial if not.

Nice one CT. Hope this isn't the last we hear from you on here.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#61 Re: Carlo Traversi video; The Game
March 15, 2011, 10:14:40 am
Great response Carlo, and great send. 

Shark, now this is all fixed etc can we lock the thread and maybe even delete it so that it doesn't show up if Carlo's name is Googled?

I'll lock it.  We all make mistakes - its how we respond that's important. The way Traversi responded reflects very well on him. If he asks for it to be deleted I'll delete it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal