UKBouldering.com

Lord Charles of Sheen (Read 8862 times)

mrconners

• menacing presence
Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 04:38:55 pm

Probaly a bit sad but strangely and weirdly watchable.
I am aware he is probably on some self promotion tip but to claim to have 'taken more drugs then anyone could survive' is almost up there with 'no one but me could hang those holds'

Fantastic

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#1 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 04:48:25 pm
The mans a legend. Even if he has stuffed a 7gram rock in one sitting.
made me laugh in a sort of car crash descent into madness kinda way...

tomtom

• forum hero
#2 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 04:49:42 pm
Wow... a man in denial... big time..

mrconners

• menacing presence
#3 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:00:37 pm
I really think he is pretty damaged, and the fact he states that he has cured himself by using his mind in a second might mean he will probably relapse. Not that I think he is clean for a moment, the 1000 yard stare gives it away.

At least he is really hammering it as opposed to the likes of Robbie Williams who claim to have hammered it and develop all sorts of bullshit issues just for the fucking attention.

In fact I think Robbie Williams is along with Gary Neville as Captain and First Mate to set sail on the ship of doom.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:05:42 pm
Someone obviously told him a good place to showcase your descent into total madness was Twitter. He only joined a matter of hours ago and has over 800,000 followers:

http://twitter.com/charliesheen

:popcorn:

tomtom

• forum hero
#5 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:15:10 pm
Someone obviously told him a good place to showcase your descent into total madness was Twitter. He only joined a matter of hours ago and has over 800,000 followers:

http://twitter.com/charliesheen

:popcorn:

Ferk me its a car crash... I feel a bit guilty watching.. (only a little bit..)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:20:09 pm
Who cares other than his family? :shrug:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#7 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:22:15 pm
On the one hand when I look at people like Sheen I think, whatever, at least he's being honest about taking heaps of drugs and having sex with pr0n stars.

On the other, you look at Hunter ST and there's this big myth when the reality was more of a sad descent into horrendous coke and alchohol addiction combined with emotional and physical abuse of his family and friends and being surrounded by loads of idiots just egging him on and you think - what a moron and what a waste of talent.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#8 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:25:20 pm
To be fair, part of me really thinks he could be taking the piss.
He really is pretty lucid in most of what he says.
..droopy eyed armless children... genius.

What annoys me is the doe eyed bint interviewing him with her mock horror with the subtext of "ooh I wonder how big our ratings will be!"

tomtom

• forum hero
#9 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:34:55 pm
He's so far in denial its unbelievable. He justifies all of his actions as being fine - not being a problem with them. Not having a problem with 'Blazing 7g rocks - cause thats how I roll'... and when he runs out of ways of justifying the odd things he's doing he says try my brain out - its firing off in all sorts of directions thats just how I am.. 'extraterrestrial force' was mentioned I think - thats a pretty ultimate excuse!

Its pretty sad really... I hope he can get - and wants to get some help for all of this shit... Like FD said - I hope there are not too many people egging him on...

We'll probably not hear from him for a while now until he turns up at an armed seige with a 6 pack, some fried chicken and a fishing rod...

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#10 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 05:52:48 pm
On the other [hand], you look at Hunter ST and there's this big myth when the reality was more of a sad descent....... and you think -  what a waste of talent.
:agree:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#11 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 06:02:36 pm
The very fact that there is media circus about what he's doing is as, if not more, depressing than whatever state he's in.

If this were a non-celebrity they'd have been in court and if they'd failed to get clean slammed in jail (not that I agree with incarceration for addiction which is a medical problem).

Because its a celebrity its made into a cash cow for the likes of ABC "News".  If there were genuine concern from these quarters then they'd keep well away and let him sort himself out.

Paul B

• forum hero
#12 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 06:03:45 pm

mrconners

• menacing presence
#13 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 02, 2011, 06:12:47 pm
The very fact that there is media circus about what he's doing is as, if not more, depressing than whatever state he's in.

If this were a non-celebrity they'd have been in court and if they'd failed to get clean slammed in jail (not that I agree with incarceration for addiction which is a medical problem).

Because its a celebrity its made into a cash cow for the likes of ABC "News".  If there were genuine concern from these quarters then they'd keep well away and let him sort himself out.

Ratings, its all about ratings and publicity. He is probably being encouraged to chat all this shit.
Someone is getting paid for it, all at his expense.

However he does'nt look that  fucked physically. Cosmetic surgery, or is it all bullshit? Or is he really an extra terrestrial being?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#14 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 03, 2011, 04:02:15 pm
Ratings, its all about ratings and publicity. He is probably being encouraged to chat all this shit.
Someone is getting paid for it, all at his expense.

And he's paying people to help him do it all  :no:

RAK Punter

• Trusted Users
  • regular
#15 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 03, 2011, 04:29:52 pm
A grade A loon

For a sample of the world according to Mr Sheen http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8359242/Top-10-Charlie-Sheen-quotes.html

A real car crash  :popcorn:

sheavi

• menacing presence
#16 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 03, 2011, 05:19:42 pm
Must just be me but I thought he made some sense - who cares if his version of reality is slightly 'different'.  A little in denial yes but perhaps that's how he copes with it.

mrconners

• menacing presence
#17 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 03, 2011, 07:07:47 pm

More of the same, however the statement at around 1:33 shows he really is a 'seasoned professional'

Bonkers.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#18 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 03, 2011, 07:50:00 pm
For a sample of the world according to Mr Sheen http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/8359242/Top-10-Charlie-Sheen-quotes.html

10. "Blame the studio for giving me this much dough knowing who they were giving it to."

The only insightful comment on the list. Shades of Robin Williams' ''Cocaine is God's way of telling you you're making too much money''. Seems like he's still making money and being watched by millions in a soap opera though, only it isn't called 2.5 Men any more.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#19 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
March 03, 2011, 08:11:50 pm

Dennis Pennis (Paul Kaye): Mr Sheen, you are the most polished performer I know. I mean you've had a lot of smudging and smearing but you think you've wiped the slate clean? I mean, are you gonna shine through? You're a shining example, Mr Sheen?
Charlie Sheen:  I would like to believe so and I thank you for your optimism, thank you.
Dennis Pennis: My pleasure, I never use anything else.
Charlie Sheen: Your optimism matches only mine.
Dennis Pennis: Uh-huh! I'll work that out when I get home.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#20 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
April 03, 2011, 04:33:21 pm
Meanwhile, in downtown Detroit. der Sheenmeister discovers this stand-up lark isn't quite as straightforward as it seems...

http://bit.ly/fIKBpI

(It appears the support "act" got jeered off stage as well)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#21 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
April 04, 2011, 09:00:45 am
Apparently the second night (in Chicago) went  a lot better. Don't have any sympathy with people in Detroit complaining that they were ripped off and the show was crap. They went there to see a train crash and they got one.

tomtom

• forum hero
#22 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
April 04, 2011, 09:06:54 am
Apparently the second night (in Chicago) went  a lot better. Don't have any sympathy with people in Detroit complaining that they were ripped off and the show was crap. They went there to see a train crash and they got one.

Is that from his tweets or from other sources? (not saying you are a liar liar pants on fire - just not seen any other reports other than SirCharles' tweets...)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#23 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
April 04, 2011, 09:10:31 am
Just heard on the radio that he got a standing ovation at the start and the end.

And.....

tomtom

• forum hero
#24 Re: Lord Charles of Sheen
April 04, 2011, 09:29:30 am
Just heard on the radio that he got a standing ovation at the start and the end.

And.....

Didn't find those, cheers. (and thanks for not lmgtfy-ing me :) )

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal