UKBouldering.com

In case you are wondering...a guide to BMC Area meetings (Read 2584 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Download

This document defines the roles of BMC Area Officers and post holders and provides guidance on how to run your Area smoothly and efficiently. It defines ‘who does what’ and explains the role of your Area in the BMC’s wider decision-making structure. It also provides practical advice on the organisation of Area Meetings and sets out the ‘formal’ regulations which apply to the Areas as defined in the BMC Articles & Memorandum of Association (M&AA).

Contents
1.The BMC in your Area
1.1 About this document
1.2 Geographical definition of BMC Areas
1.3 Role & purpose of the Areas
1.4 Attendance & voting at Area Meetings
1.5 Planning & running Area Meetings
1.6 BMC Staff support & attendance
1.7 Practical considerations for meetings

2. Area Officers & post holders
2.1 The Area Chair
2.2 The Area Secretary
2.3 Area Representatives on National Council
2.4 Access Representatives
2.5 Area Youth Co-ordinators (AYC)
2.6 Area Representative on the Clubs Committee
2.7 Climbing Walls Representative
2.8 Election process for Area Officers & Representatives
2.9 Expenses

Appendices
I Sample Agenda
II Meeting Minutes Template
III Volunteer Expense Form
IV Organisational Structure

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Its still missing the attendees duty to add some joy to the meeting so that the meetings dont become boring. If I was you I'd also press the BMC to add UKB to their advertising: Neil and Lynn (Moff) will certainly be continuing what they started by posting peak area stuff here as well.

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
If I was you I'd also press the BMC to add UKB to their advertising: Neil and Lynn (Moff) will certainly be continuing what they started by posting peak area stuff here as well.

Not sure what you mean by adding UKB to their advertising but yes if Neil and Lynn could add Peak area stuff here that would be great.

BTW are you picking up your PM's ? I sent something about helping with the limestone guide and there were lots of other offers on the thread too.   

Offwidth

• forum hero
    • Offwidth
Area meets are posted for all regions (not just Peak) on UKC... may as well be on UKB as well.

Got the PMs thanks (as it links to my work email I'll always get them with no more than a few days delay except when we are off on holiday)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal