UKBouldering.com

Iphone Query (Read 2521 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 02:47:11 pm
I have rung and asked o2 this question but they won't give me a straight answer. They always seem to avoid then issue if its to do with using an Iphone out of contract!

Anyway, currently i have a HTC Desire, with 500mg data a month. If i put my sim in my old iphone, will the data i use on Iphone come out of my 500mb data allowance on my contract. Or will i get charged extra. Not sure if there are different data types. I know when i had my blackberry the data was not charged the same as with an iphone.

Thanks guys!

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 02:54:54 pm
I suspect it will just come out of the 500mb as before.. Maybe check your contract.. If it's 500mbmfrom a specific phone maybe.. But I doubt it. The iPhone will use the data inthe same wY as your old phone, but they can probably tell (if they want to) that it's an iPhone. My guess is that they won't care.. Why would they? The contract is still being used in the same way.
Btw if your contract is up the there is a £20 month iPhone tariff (1'month rolling) and tesco mobile (o2 as well) do a similar but better sim only iPhone deal.
T

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 03:17:33 pm
Data is data.

The only unique thing about Blackberry's is that they push the email from their server to your phone (see BIS email address) and as such they couldn't really charge you under your main data tariff if they are forcing you to receive such messages.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#3 Re: Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 03:23:06 pm
Cheers guys, had to check though!

Paul B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 03:31:17 pm
I know you can emulate an ifern's signature for certain purposes under Android (ressisting making Fanboi jokes), you might be able to do the reverse (if it mattered)

Blackberries are different as they charge extra for Blackberry services (as I understand it).

(why the change between handsets?)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#5 Re: Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 03:34:37 pm
(why the change between handsets?)

New toy. Got bored of HTC Desire.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#6 Re: Iphone Query
February 22, 2011, 10:15:22 pm
You should be fine dude. blackberry data IS different to other phone data as it goes through a private apn. But iPhone and desire are just straight out on interweb, so should be fine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal