UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 53 Mon 14th Feb - Sun 20th Feb (Read 11456 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Can I play even though I am in the US? (Bishop to be precise)

UKB knows no geographical boundaries  :thumbsup:

tomtom

• forum hero

It also knows no boundaries in taste either  ;D

(meant as a comment about the general purile, juvenile and other ile type nature of the board!)

pyrosis

• addict

It also knows no boundaries in taste either  ;D

(meant as a comment about the general purile, juvenile and other ile type nature of the board!)

Can't possibly be worse than boldering.com :)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Of course. Nibile is in Italy, Muenchener lives in Germany or Austria I think and thesiger somewhere in camel land.

In fact consider yourself the Ambassador of Bishop. If you are mates with Mick Ryan best keep it yourself though  ;)

pyrosis

• addict

Of course. Nibile is in Italy, Muenchener lives in Germany or Austria I think and thesiger somewhere in camel land.

In fact consider yourself the Ambassador of Bishop. If you are mates with Mick Ryan best keep it yourself though  ;)

Excellent. I've met Mick years ago, didn't he move back to the UK?

Anyway, thanks for the welcome! No training log at present so I start with some goals.

Short term (this week): 50 boulder problems of any difficulty, quit smoking tobacco, go for a run, stretch, snowboard some powder
Medium term (this spring): V6's on both tuff and granite, boulder at Big Bend, climb two desert towers, lead 5.11 at Indian Creek
Long term (this year): High Plains Drifter, Morning Dove White (both v7)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Excellent. I've met Mick years ago, didn't he move back to the UK?
Yes. He's a changed man since being assimmilated by the Borg
Anyway, thanks for the welcome! No training log at present so I start with some goals.

Short term (this week): 50 boulder problems of any difficulty, quit smoking tobacco, go for a run, stretch, snowboard some powder
Medium term (this spring): V6's on both tuff and granite, boulder at Big Bend, climb two desert towers, lead 5.11 at Indian Creek
Long term (this year): High Plains Drifter, Morning Dove White (both v7)
Deeply jealous of your location. With reference to your other thread it sounds like you have a free to enter all weather gym. It might be useful to structure your days outside as if you were inside to introduce more variety. So by thinking of it as a gym and you could do exercises or sessions that have proved to have a good training effect such as deadhangs, Power endurance circuits and 4 x 4's except on real rock. Moffat did this sort of thing on boulder problem link-ups to great effect back in the day. Alternatively as Serpico says do the supplemental stuff like weights and deadhangs after your days out although this can be tough when you feel tired.   
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 11:49:23 am by shark »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal