#50 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 10, 2011, 08:46:22 pm
fork handles or four candles?
how do you spell yogurt or yoghurt?

Paul T

• regular
#51 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 10, 2011, 09:37:14 pm
Anyone who's climbed with Hamish recently will know he is one of the most gifted young climbers with no ego whatsoever. He is generally bemused by the attention, happy to be just loving his climbing.
To defend his honour though as it has been publicly questioned, it was 20 minutes in one session and he found the sit start to Carnage way harder. To demean his talent and his mental attitude (he always gives 100%) by belittling both he and the route shows a severe lack of respect for other climbers and more than a hint of insecurity.
As for the BBC's, if you were there you would know that a) being 14 and pint sized he is competing against others who are of adult stature - the swedish lad who was 2nd resembles Dolph Lundgren, and b) competing in competitions brings performance pressures to different people in different ways. He will almost certainly be atop the podium next year - unless its sunny and the crags are calling.....

I'll be doing a little Q&A with Hamish next week for the TCA website. Keep a future look out for James Squire, another of our 14 year old youth squad members too, he is doing some impressive outdoor problems under the radar in the Bristol area.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#52 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 10, 2011, 11:29:46 pm
....the swedish lad who was 2nd resembles Dolph Lundgren....

:o Mike Adams in Junior Comp Ringer Shocker!

Beastio

• regular
  • Gaskins.
    • Blog
#53 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 10, 2011, 11:47:39 pm
Anyone who's climbed with Hamish recently will know he is one of the most gifted young climbers with no ego whatsoever. He is generally bemused by the attention, happy to be just loving his climbing.
To defend his honour though as it has been publicly questioned, it was 20 minutes in one session and he found the sit start to Carnage way harder. To demean his talent and his mental attitude (he always gives 100%) by belittling both he and the route shows a severe lack of respect for other climbers and more than a hint of insecurity.
As for the BBC's, if you were there you would know that a) being 14 and pint sized he is competing against others who are of adult stature - the swedish lad who was 2nd resembles Dolph Lundgren, and b) competing in competitions brings performance pressures to different people in different ways. He will almost certainly be atop the podium next year - unless its sunny and the crags are calling.....

I'll be doing a little Q&A with Hamish next week for the TCA website. Keep a future look out for James Squire, another of our 14 year old youth squad members too, he is doing some impressive outdoor problems under the radar in the Bristol area.

I see, finally a proper answer. Cheers, yeah the lads a beast. 20 minutes, good going.

If he found carnage assis harder i think that proves my point of the problem being really suited to him.

Ive attempted the bbc`s a few times myself as a junior a few years ago and it is hard. The geezer who won is not the tallest but probably taller than Hamish. Sure next year will be a good year for him  8)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#54 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 07:23:19 am
If he found carnage assis harder i think that proves my point of the problem being really suited to him.

What the fuck kind of point are you trying to make here?  Everyone has problems that are suited to them, even if its as simple as their preferred type of climbing (e.g. roofs, slabs or crimpy walls).  Watch vids of Robinson and others and they all mention that some problems "my kind" etc. 

grumpycrumpy

• junky
  • metrosexual redneck
#55 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 07:38:34 am
Its one of those problems which is really suited to shorter people i think

Typical excuse from an underachieving tall person  :whistle:

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#56 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 08:14:24 am
Its one of those problems which is really suited to shorter people i think,

Except its not. I'd say it suits those of average height - the tall may find it too bunched. For the really short getting the top hold can be the crux as they run out of reach off the heel.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#57 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 08:25:08 am

I see, finally a proper answer. Cheers, yeah the lads a beast. 20 minutes, good going.

Ive attempted the bbc`s a few times myself as a junior a few years ago and it is hard. The geezer who won is not the tallest but probably taller than Hamish. Sure next year will be a good year for him  8)
And the prize for Most Ungracious Climbdown goes to.....

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#58 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 08:30:23 am
Mr Bitter and Twisted himself "Beastofackworth".  Welcome to UKB, we really value cynicism, bile and bitterness especially when someone has achieved something of note.

BenF

• forum hero
#59 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 08:43:46 am
Mr Bitter and Twisted himself "Beastofackworth". 

I may have missed your point (I'm not that quick thinking), but Beastio is not Beastofackworth.  Just thought I'd clear that up.  Not that I know who Beastofackworth is, but I think "he" posts on ukc, right?

andy popp

• forum hero
#60 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 09:05:15 am

If you're still trying to imply that's why he did it in 20 minutes then it's worth noting that Carnage assis and Bus Stop were also both in single sessions.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#61 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 09:27:45 am
A top 5 "puntered" poster in less than 2 days!! Amazing what you can do when you're 17 and not very bright!

Oh what the hell, have another punter point!!!

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#62 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 09:28:50 am
The missus watched the clip of Hamish doing this last night and said "That looks easy, you could do that." I reponded with "No I couldn't, it's 7C+. He's just making it look easy!"

That's the mark of a proper beast. Check Ty in between the trees for further examples of a beast making hard problems look easy.

Well done Hamish, very envious of your obvious ability.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#63 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 09:53:42 am
Its one of those problems which is really suited to shorter people i think

Typical excuse from an underachieving tall person  :whistle:

You listening GCW?!  :P

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#64 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 10:15:32 am
ahhh great video!!! what a little beast!!! his shoes looks so big in comparison!!!
it's so good to see these things happen!!!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#65 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 10:18:13 am

Keep going. (Maybe one of the Liverpool lot might want to have a word with him?)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#66 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 01:49:11 pm
one more smite to match jcm.

Who's more annoying, it's up to you!

andy popp

• forum hero
#67 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 02:05:36 pm
FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#68 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 02:14:25 pm
Keep going. (Maybe one of the Liverpool lot might want to have a word with him?)

Nice I was going to post this...

BenF

• forum hero
#69 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 02:19:19 pm
I've never met JCM but I know Beastio pretty well.  He's been a class A dick with this thread and he knows it now - we gave him quite a reception at the wall last night.  However, he is actually a nice lad and given that he's only 17, he usually acts in quite a mature manner.  I know I acted like a cock quite a lot when I was 17 (and continue to do so, people will no doubt point out), but hopefully with the careful tutorage of Richie Crouch and other people on the scene in Liverpool, Beastio will mature into a tower of sensible behaviour.

Beastio is away for the weekend with a whole bunch of us, so once we've finished taking the p*ss out of him, we'll have lots of man-to-man chats and pass on some hard earned nuggets of wisdom regarding hubris, internet decorum and footwork.

JohnM

• junky
#70 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 02:43:16 pm
Maybe to teach him a lesson about being immature we could shave one of his eyebrows off while he's asleep this weekend.  ;)

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#71 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 03:31:43 pm
Don't forget to point out the difference between of and have

andy_e

• forum hero
#72 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 06:21:07 pm
They will of done.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#73 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 06:32:59 pm
Have course they will.

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#74 Re: Brad Pit shit
February 11, 2011, 11:32:32 pm
I've never met JCM but I know Beastio pretty well.  He's been a class A dick with this thread and he knows it now - we gave him quite a reception at the wall last night.  However, he is actually a nice lad and given that he's only 17, he usually acts in quite a mature manner.  I know I acted like a cock quite a lot when I was 17 (and continue to do so, people will no doubt point out), but hopefully with the careful tutorage of Richie Crouch and other people on the scene in Liverpool, Beastio will mature into a tower of sensible behaviour.

Beastio is away for the weekend with a whole bunch of us, so once we've finished taking the p*ss out of him, we'll have lots of man-to-man chats and pass on some hard earned nuggets of wisdom regarding hubris, internet decorum and footwork.

Maybe a partial Karma reset is in order? I puntered him for being a dick, but when I see the amount of bad Karma he's accrued over just one thread I can't help feeling it might be a bit much.
Is he really worse than Sloper and JCM?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal