UKBouldering.com

Making full use of a training session (Read 1602 times)

gruffalo

• player
  • theres many ways to skin a cat....
Making full use of a training session
February 06, 2011, 06:45:50 pm
I wanted some feed back on how to maximise my training session. I am training about two hours a day three or four times a week depending on how spanked my arms are... I start with a warm up and some campusing then some hard boulder problems on the board and finish with a set of 4x4s also on the board. Any one  have a similar routine, food for thought?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#1 Re: Making full use of a training session
February 06, 2011, 06:56:16 pm
Might possibly be better to leave the 4x4's to another day and complete a circuit at flash level (that you've previously done)

gruffalo

• player
#2 Re: Making full use of a training session
February 06, 2011, 07:04:41 pm
Not quite sure what you mean there :-\ your saying concentrate on more harder boulder problems and try and flash them?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#3 Re: Making full use of a training session
February 06, 2011, 07:25:39 pm
What I meant was that instead of finishing with 4x4's you could complete a circuit of problems.  These should be graded around your flash level, but be problems that you have climbed before.  This would also give you another session climbing 4x4's (or 6x8's) at a higher level than would be possible after hard board problems/campus. 

Hope that makes more sense :wave:

gruffalo

• player
#4 Re: Making full use of a training session
February 06, 2011, 07:49:37 pm
sounds like a plan nice one...was reading a training article about the same subject and good gains were made by training big moves on very small holds? some thing i also need to try..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal