UKBouldering.com

Burning Sensation in the palms (Read 1400 times)

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
Burning Sensation in the palms
February 05, 2011, 10:27:32 am
Yo,
   recently ive been trying to overcome my burl strength lack by donig lots of pullups in the mornings.  Last Monday whilst coming to the send of a set of reps i experienced a cramping/tingling feeling in my forearms  (i believe brachioradius http://www.gain-muscle-mass.net/images/Forearms.jpg ). I continued on for the last rep and then curtailed the session.

This week i have rested from climbing/pullups (since monday) but i have been experiencing a burning feeling in the palms of my hands (more so on the left palm)  only around the bottom part, the muscular part which flexes when you contract your little finger. 

from some basic googling it appears this could be related to ulna nerve compression. I have historically had a neck problem (c6-67 left paracentral disc prolapse) however i dont currently have any obvious neck or other arm related referred pain which i did previously.

I do notice however that the brachioradius muscles feel sore if i press hard and massage them.  Im seeing my physio mate on monday, however in the mean time has anyone experienced similar palm related burning and does massage of the brachioradius help?

Cheers
Tim

webbo

• forum hero
#1 Re: Burning Sensation in the palms
February 05, 2011, 01:26:53 pm
at the risk of stating the obvious is not related to your thread below.

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: Burning Sensation in the palms
February 05, 2011, 03:34:08 pm
at the risk of stating the obvious is not related to your thread below.

no mate its totally unrelated to that ive not been training that recently at all. That thread  was regarding my exerience of using the CoC's and my future intentions when palm thing resolves itself.

Cheers
Tim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal