UKBouldering.com

good run around burbage area? (Read 1664 times)

al123

• menacing presence
good run around burbage area?
January 25, 2011, 10:06:47 pm
fancy abit of a run tomorrow night, around burbage or curbar area. anyone got any favourite routes around there?
not looking for a massive run distance wise,
cheers

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#1 Re: good run around burbage area?
January 25, 2011, 10:15:45 pm
One I do now and again is:

Start @ Burbage N Carpark > Run up Higgar > Over Owler Tor > Cross the road > Up Upper Padley Gorge > Back along the top of Burbage South and then North.

Alternatively go back along the Green Drive after Padley Gorge or miss out Owler Tor and go via Carls Wark dropping back into the valley...

:D

psychomansam

• forum hero
#2 Re: good run around burbage area?
January 25, 2011, 11:27:21 pm
i did one a few weeks back from surprise view car park, down past lawrencefield, down all the way to the bottom of the valley (staying left), crossed over by some houses at the bottom and then all the way back up the other side, across the heath at the top and back to the car park. Was prob only about 40 mins

You could do the same sort of thing but from burbage north to extend it a bit...

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#3 Re: good run around burbage area?
January 26, 2011, 08:25:14 am
I'm not much of a runner but I've done the White Edge circuit a couple of times. Park at The Grouse, up onto White Edge down to Curbar Gap, then back along the tops of Curbar and Froggatt. Plenty of obvious extensions.

chris05

• forum abuser
#4 Re: good run around burbage area?
January 26, 2011, 08:56:28 am
One I do now and again is:

Start @ Burbage N Carpark > Run up Higgar > Over Owler Tor > Cross the road > Up Upper Padley Gorge > Back along the top of Burbage South and then North.

:agree:   This is a nice run

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal