UKBouldering.com

Wilton Restoration Day Sun 30th Jan (Read 1990 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Wilton Restoration Day Sun 30th Jan
January 25, 2011, 03:00:12 pm
As far as I can see this isnt on the BMC Community website  :spank: so I am quoting from posts on the Borg.

Martin Kocsis:

Sunday 30th January and Sunday 20th March are both work days at Wilton 1. In January, the main target is to remove and burn all the rhododendron that we can find. The March date is more general, but with an emphasis on slopes above the routes in certain areas, and cleaning other specified sections of the quarry. Both days start at around 1030. If you are planning to come along, please bring basic gardening kit, although if you do not have any, some will be provided. Gardening gloves would be very handy for everyone. If you are planning to work on routes, please make sure you have abseil ropes, helmets and rope protectors.

Rob Dyer:

Hi all, just to confirm that the clearance will be taking place at the bottom end and we will basically be removing as much as we can during the day, alongside the Bolton Conservation Volunteers (who are very experienced rhodie warriors). It's fairly thick in places though so I imagine it may take more than one visit, but the more people that turn up the more we can remove.

There will be a bonfire to get rid of the cuttings so plenty of opportunity to warm up around it, I'll be bringing along cake for the day and we'll head to the Wilton Arms after for chips and sarnies. We're meeting at the BMC car park (on the left side of the pub facing the building) at 1030 - bring any gardening kit you have available, especially gloves, bow saws, loppers and spades. See you there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal