UKBouldering.com

campus disciples? (Read 1653 times)

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
campus disciples?
January 20, 2011, 07:32:53 pm
Seeking opinion......been doing a block (6 weeks) of campusing on large rungs and quite happy with the progress. To get the best results I have been taking quite long gaps between sets 4 plus minutes.

I'm keen to start on the small rungs now my question is would I be better sticking on large rungs and decreasing rest times or moving over onto small rungs and doing some blocks of training on them instead. My  focus is on power not PE...any thoughts :-\

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#1 Re: campus disciples?
January 20, 2011, 08:24:49 pm
depends what you're training, or what you think is your weakness. Small rungs will get you stronger fingers. Stay on the big rungs and progress through the gaps, 1-2-3, 1-3-5, 1-4-7, 1-5-9 etc improves something else (i don't know what to call it "ability to use a campus board"). If you're just concentrating on power then I don't think the rest time is a big issue, you need to recovery between sets to an extent and 4mins ain't too long. As you improve you may recover quicker and want to pack more movement into a session, so shorter rests.

Personally I stay on the big rungs because small holds isn't my weakness but big campus moves are.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal