UKBouldering.com

Barcelona Bouldering (Read 3330 times)

TonyS

• regular
Barcelona Bouldering
January 10, 2011, 06:34:15 pm
Hi all,

Anyone gone bouldering to any of the areas near to Barca?

Can Boquet?  Can Bugurra?

They are up the coast in the hills above Mataro 30ish Km from Barca.

I have a topo in Spanish for Can Boguet but the internet translation is rather lacking and the top is a little difficult to understand in places.

Cheers  for any help

Tony

Drewski Rootbitch

• addict
#1 Re: Barcelona Bouldering
January 10, 2011, 07:16:15 pm
Have you found the
Fantastic place. Great atmosphere. Free (more like a crag than a wall). Walkable from the centre (or Tube then 5min walk).
Not my videos, but illustrative.

JohnM

• junky
#2 Re: Barcelona Bouldering
January 10, 2011, 11:39:26 pm
That El Cogul looks very good.  Haven't climbed there but drove through the village the other day and there was impressive sandstone boulders everywhere.  There is a topo in the new Lleida guide.  Heard mixed reports about Can Bouquet.  Apparently it is generally very low ball, with the rock lacking good lines and being unpleasantly rough.

BenF

• forum hero
#3 Re: Barcelona Bouldering
January 11, 2011, 07:59:13 am
Was just about to post some information about El Cogul, then I read the original post and realised that I went to El Cogul with Tony.  So I don't have much to add, but if you're interested John, El Cogul is pretty good.  Some outstanding problems on quality rock, but a bit spread out and in some venues a little limited.  However, worth a visit if you're passing in the winter - it would be way too hot anytime after March.

TonyS

• regular
#4 Re: Barcelona Bouldering
January 13, 2011, 10:16:37 am
Cheers Ben,

That would have been very helpful. Maybe!

Anyway will second what Ben has said about Cogul,  The area is great for winter, can get a little a muddy after rain but not too bad.  Had a couple of trips out here and both have been great.  There is loads more rock near by to be developed which would make this a very extensive area.

Also Drewski - Thanks for your post looks different, but do you think I would travel from the UK to Spain just play on a bolted up concete wall?

I have 3 1/2 days in Mataro and want to make the most of it.  I am sure we (as there is 3 of us going) will get given a tour of the areas but wanted to do my homework first as it is always good on short trips to know what you are letting yourself in for and which areas you would like to go to.

Ben, you up for a trip 15-18 a spare place if you are?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal