UKBouldering.com

Replacement Northern limestone guidebook? (Read 6790 times)

Luthor

• menacing presence
Replacement Northern limestone guidebook?
January 09, 2011, 04:09:38 pm
Does anyone have any info on the new edition/s of the northern limestone guidebook?

I've posted a wanted ad for the old guide  - but see rockfax are saying new edition will be out 'early 2011'

http://www.rockfax.com/publications/books/item.php?id=72

cheers

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
The guide will be in separate parts this time round. North Yorkshire in its own book this time. I am doing the Kilnsey and Malham section and we are aiming for Summer 2013. The Peak section, a year earlier.

Luthor

• menacing presence
The guide will be in separate parts this time round. North Yorkshire in its own book this time. I am doing the Kilnsey and Malham section and we are aiming for Summer 2013. The Peak section, a year earlier.

excellent - cheers for the update

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
I am doing the Kilnsey and Malham section and we are aiming for Summer 2013. The Peak section, a year earlier.

Good news, but why such a long time until the update? Shirely it won't take 2 years to check the new route info for those two crags?  :-\ :shrug:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Adam's got to climb all the routes first to check them?

Teaboy

• forum hero
OK, quick while Serpico isn't watching, can we have 50 for 5 in at 7c?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
OK, quick while Serpico isn't watching, can we have 50 for 5 in at 7c?

Got to have a few tricky ones in for the grade. Now sticky wicket, 8a anyone?  ;)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
I am doing the Kilnsey and Malham section and we are aiming for Summer 2013. The Peak section, a year earlier.

Good news, but why such a long time until the update? Shirely it won't take 2 years to check the new route info for those two crags?  :-\ :shrug:

Not sure. Just the dates i was given. I was a bit shocked when i heard myself, i will find out for you Andy.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Thanks Adam. BTW can you check my logbook to see what I've done, then downgrade all of them to keep Serpico happy, ta. 

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
Thanks Adam. BTW can you check my logbook to see what I've done, then downgrade all of them to keep Serpico happy, ta.

Don't worry Andy, when that guide comes out your hardest redpoint will be 7c+.

smellie

There's one copy of the old guide left in Chevin Treks in Otley if you're around and about Caley anytime soon.

Alan James, Rockfax

• player
    • www.ukclimbing.com
I expect we will be able to get Yorkshire and Cumbria Limestone out for the summer of 2012.

Peak Limestone is scheduled for this summer, then we have a new Dorset guide, Costa Blanca and possibly a Peak Bouldering to fit in first.

Alan

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
I expect we will be able to get Yorkshire and Cumbria Limestone out for the summer of 2012.

Peak Limestone is scheduled for this summer, then we have a new Dorset guide, Costa Blanca and possibly a Peak Bouldering to fit in first.

Alan

I thought Mark was being a little cautious on the dates!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber

Don't worry Andy, when that guide comes out your hardest redpoint will be 7c+.

I fully understand knocking down all of Yorkshire half a grade to come into line with Kalymnos, but to knock everything by 1 1/2 grades is a bit harsh.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
I fully understand knocking down all of Yorkshire half a grade to come into line with Kalymnos,

to help the Yorkshire tourist industry? It'll be the new Euro destination of choice with grades that soft. Give it long enough, Chris Craggs might take up residence too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal