UKBouldering.com

Aperture 3 currently £45 on the new app store (Read 3549 times)

butterworthtom

• stalker
    • Incoherent Rambling's of a Lakes Boulderer
As per the title, Aperture 3 currently £45 on the app store.
You have to get the software update and the app store comes with it.

Paul B

• forum hero
This popped up today in my Feedly:

http://blog.chasejarvis.com/blog/2011/01/aperture-vs-photoshop-in-bw-post-production/

might be of interest, more likely not.

Yossarian

• forum hero
I tried Aperture for a while, but I never really understood exactly how and where it wanted to store and catalogue everything.

I still use iView media pro at the office, as I've got 10s of thousands of catalogued images here, and its also an ageing G5 that probably won't take too kindly to the latest stuff.

I use Lightroom 3 at home though, which is awesome, and though I've barely scratched the surface it pretty much allows you to bypass PS completely.

The only bug so far is that I can't get the NIK Silver Efex plugin to work in LR - to do a decent B&W conversion means opening the image in PS still...

gingerninja

• menacing presence
lightroom 3 is the way forward. its awesome and so quick once you got your head round it.
ive not tried the nik plugin for b&w, but found the channel mixer in lr isnt too bad.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Shame you have to spend £££ on a Mac in the first place!  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
and its also an ageing G5

Always knew you were a fly muthafucka:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux

A friend of mine stayed over at Christmas who was running OSX on a PC Netbook - there's a site called Hackintosh (or something) that has all the info on how to install the Mac OS on a PC - it seemed to work fine.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

A friend of mine stayed over at Christmas who was running OSX on a PC Netbook - there's a site called Hackintosh (or something) that has all the info on how to install the Mac OS on a PC - it seemed to work fine.

Ah yes, had forgotten about that, it is indeed Hackintosh.  Its only really been possible since Apple started using Intel chips (as opposed to the PPC architecture) and had their code ported to work with the chipset (its also why you can install M$-Windoze on Macs now).  You'd still officially have to shell out ~£130 for a legal copy of OSX, which is infinitely more expensive that the BSD distributions on which it is built (or the penguin).

Yossarian

• forum hero
and its also an ageing G5

Always knew you were a fly muthafucka:

Close, but mine is black, with a BNP tail fin... Check it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal