UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec) (Read 4306 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 26, 2010, 10:21:33 pm
Weight 11.7-9  :oops:

M Snowed in on a hill farm in Somerset. Deadhangs off a door lintel thru day.
T Chopping logs. Tweaked back. Blackbrook Pavillion in Taunton with boys. Some bouldering then 3x4 on AnCap circuit.
W.
T. Lunch. Foundry. 3 x 6 hard problems. Eve Back to Foundry. Tried to do PE work but too tired. Did 4 x 10 easy problems. Knackered.
F. Eve. Foundry. 3x4 14move problem on 40 deg board. 3 sets of 10min roped continuite. Meant to be 4 but ran out of time and was knackered.
S.
S. Long lie in. PM. Hard to get going/motivated. Did 6x10 isolated hard moves. Eve. Fingerboard session.

Managed to squeeze in all bar one of the sessions on the Programme this week despite difficulties. Put on 2lbs this week but not surprising in the circumsatnces. Noticed finger strength gains on a couple of problems. Easier week this week.

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 07:16:59 am
STG: Aerobic / mileage base phase of Periodised Winter Plan for Arco at Easter. 30 minutes traversing or continuously on a route, without pumping or resorting to no-hands rests
MTG: Mittlere Weisse Wand, Konstein. 6b os in Arco at Easter
LTG: 7a rp; classic big Vs / VIs at local crags (Kaisergebirge, Wetterstein etc.) e.g. West Face Totenkirchl

Family & work commitments bring about a Light Week. Probably ok, as last week was heavy.

M: Bouldering, office gym. ARC-based session same as last week. Starting to get a little tedious.
T: Step-ups w/heavy rucksack 35 minutes. Less horrible than last week. Snowboard touring season may be iminent, if I get round to doing any this year.
W:
T: Office gym. Weights, for a change. Shoulder press, front squats (*great* core exercise), weighted pullups. Tabata rows, bw squats, pressups
F:
S. Bouldering, Thalkirchen(*): 20 mins ARC, one hour problems, 30 mins ARC.
S: Snowboarding, Lenggries. Boxing Day, good snow, less than an hour's drive from Munich - and half empty. Astonishing.

(*) Climbing wall on Christmas Day? Why yes:
1. Christmas Eve is the big holiday in these parts, the 25th less so. Many things are open, including climbing walls.
2. ... also including ice rinks. Frau and Kind went skating, and I wanted no part of *that*, thank you very much.
3. And: Santa brought me a season ticket for the wall. Important to show gratitude & appreciation promptly.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#2 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 08:55:05 am
Short term goals
Do my local cross country (5.8km) in under 30 minutes (big ask I think)
Sort out the bad knee.

Medium Term goals
Climb font 7c in 2010 (a bit ambitious maybe).
Lose (almost) a stone initially (aim for 83kg)- also a bit ambitious!
Do my Winter Hill run in under 43:12 (average 10kmh).
Finish off my remaining esoteric Lancs Quarry projects.

M-  Work, wine.
T-  Work, wine.
W-  Work, wine.
T- Work, wine.
F-  Work, wine.
S-  Up very early to cook goose.  Spent the day drinking as much as possible and eating lots.
S-  Stomped around holes in the ground looking for climbable rock, then gave up and went back to eating and drinking as much as possible.

Monday weigh in of 85.6kg.   Watching the rain turn the snow to slushy shite.

duncan

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 09:37:03 am
3. And: Santa brought me a season ticket for the wall. Important to show gratitude & appreciation promptly.

Very good!

Goals - as before (E5 by June 2011).

M - Arch: Bouldering
T - Arch: Bouldering.  Managed a steep-ish V4 third go...which was nice (but about 12 moves long, more like a F7a+, and so doesn't count).
W-S - Left shoulder tweak + usual seasonal stuff. 

Tweaked 'good' shoulder again, may have to be promoted to not-so-good shoulder.  Should be OK to start again gently in another week.  Getting stronger but at 74 kg also getting heavier.  This has to stop.   

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#4 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 10:05:43 am
Good effort on sticking with the Programme on one of the trickiest weeks Shark.

Goals - Maintenance until later this week/New Year then re-setting for 2011

M - Row, light weights, fingerboard & Rock Rings PE (3 mins foot-on then 3 mins easy row to recover x 5) finger still tweaky
T - Walk
W - Walk
T - 2 Hour conditioning/PE. 2.5k Row; TGU's; 30/30 push press (6 mins); 2 x 20 Manmakers
F - Nowt
S - Nowt
S - Long brisk walk over Rushup

Barratt

• menacing presence
    • Rocket
#5 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 10:15:59 am
Goal: 7b

Monday: cant remember
Tuesday: matrix I think
Wednesday: results on shoulder scans*
Thursday: nowt
Friday: nowt
Sat: nowt
Sun: short jog, maybe 3 miles.

*results of MRI are that I have an inflamed ac joint and a torn labrum. The former was treated with a steroid injection (feels great at the moment!) the latter requires surgery to fix - which means a long, long time out to recover. The good news is that I don't need to get it fixed just now, I can live with it so long as I'm careful, strengthen the front of the shoulder more and I don't dislocate the joint - if I do it's under the knife for sure! 

205Chris

• forum hero
#6 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 05:07:45 pm
STGs: Chip Shop Brawl / Tierdrop / Sole Power. 1-4-7

MTGs: Sport 8a

M: Nada
T: Nada
W: Works session. Had planned a light session but got sucked into trying the new red circuit with a few friends.
T: Nada
F: Burbage valley covered in frost so head to Rowtor. Managed the Yoghurt Hypnotist to the break but there was too much snow to top it out. Keen to go back to finish it off. Went to the Churnet to try Bizarre. Got close but didn't find the right sequence until I was too tired. Should go next time.
S: Nada
S: Roaches bouldering at the clouds. Managed the mantle problem and looked at Tetris. Keen for this but it will feel nicer with spotters as the landing's on a slope. Got close to milky buttons too. Went to Newstones / Baldtones to tick off a few things I've not done before - Baldstones traverse / Ripple / Stallone arete thing.

Not a bad week, snow / frost still keeping outside options limited. Hoping to get a few more outdoor sessions in as I've got the week off but it's all dependent on the weather (not looking promising at the minute!).

cheque

• forum hero
    • Cheque Pictures
#7 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 06:45:51 pm
Nothing this week: hard to fit it in or find partners due to Christmas. Decided to rest as I have a few little tweaks I want to become distant memories not bigger problems.

Haven't eaten too much or drank any booze, though, so hopefully I'll be able to take off where I left off this week.

Luthor

• menacing presence
#8 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 27, 2010, 09:59:13 pm
T - circuit board at works

quiet week, sort of.. back with the programme next week

webbo

• forum hero
#9 Re: UKB Power Club Week 45 (20th - 26th Dec)
December 28, 2010, 12:20:13 pm
Recover from knackered knee.
Mon. nowt
Tue. deadhanging,weights
Wed. wine.
Thu. wine.
Fri. deadhanging,weights
Sat. turbo 1 hr 20 mins.champagne,wine
Sun.deadhanging,weights.lots of wine.
dread to think how much i weigh at the moment.

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
Goals: Will revise as gonna get serious in 2011...

M: Nowt
T: Bouldering @ The Works.. Warmup on new reds (3 attemps max - flashed quite a few!), Woodie Session (OMG it's hard! OMG I'm shit! - Felt like I really worked tho), PE session on circuit board. 4 x circuits 4 mins rest , 6c, 6c, 7a+ (slip off but get back on and finish), 6c.
W: Nowt
T: Nowt
F: Start morning Yoga (sun salutations, stretching, planks etc.) as I know there's not a lot else i'll be doing for a week!
S: Morning Yoga - Bluuurruuuggggg.... Fat!
S: Yoga

Good to go to the works again and although I was shit on the woodie (unsurprisingly) I didn't feel that bad in general and my fitnes has definitely improved on the circuit board.

This week: Yoga, walk, try and fit in a session.

:D

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
mon - wall, good power but I was destroyed from shoveling snow the day before.
tue - Beastmaker. brief session on one arm dead hangs.
wed - hangboard at a friend's house. decent.
thu - wall. very good session.
fri - boredom.
sat - boredom.
sun - boredom. I hate xmas.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
M - Froggatt with tomtom & butters.  A fun day despite temps of somewhere between -6 & -12, opening a tip and then backing off Oedipus with frozen hands.

W - Froggatt again with jack jones.  Tried Rambeau, did ok but couldn't make the move off the slopers, think I had my foot too high.  Ripped a nail off but despite that and being alone I still had a look at Oedipus (I have a score to settle).  A wise inspection of the top revealed snow and ice on the ledge and with a mix of disappointment and relief I went home for Xmas.

Th-Sun - Travel to in-laws - eat, drink, be merry, repeat til fade....

Plattsy

• forum hero
M - Can't remember.
T - Gym. Weights and core work.
W - Bouldered at ClimbFit
T - Nowt
F - Drove to the Snowy Mountains.
S - Walked up Mnt Kosciusko from Thredbo and back in 5hrs10mins (23km). Food. Beer. Wine. Whisky.
S - Cricket, food, beer and whisky.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal