UKBouldering.com

Hull Rock City, is anyone lonely? (Read 3108 times)

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
Hull Rock City, is anyone lonely?
December 21, 2010, 01:53:22 pm
Off to the family home in Hull for Christmas but could also do with getting some more climbing in before an El Chorro trip on the 1st of Jan.  Therefore I am planning on getting a few sessions at rock city in this week and next.

Knowing no other Hull based climbers, my rock city sessions are normally quite lonely and restricted to the bouldering  :boohoo:

If anyone fancies meeting up let me know, if you want we could even do some roped climbing, I promise not to tell anyone.  I am likely to be heading down before 4pm to save on the ridiculous entry price.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1 Re: Hull Rock City, is anyone lonely?
December 21, 2010, 02:34:44 pm
Its been about 2 years since I last went (I live 60% of the time in Hull) but I think tuesday night is 'club night'  - theres normally quite a few friendlyish folk from one of the luurcal climbing/mountaineering clubs.

I'm not in Hull at the moment and given the high price and low number of probs (and average quality) at rockcity I head off to the walls in Leeds or Sheff (along with a few others).. I think its £8.50 at the moment, along with a £10 members fee...  :'(

Wood FT

• forum hero
#2 Re: Hull Rock City, is anyone lonely?
December 21, 2010, 02:50:20 pm
If you check on faceache theres a group called 'hull's climbing scene'and a bunch of them use rock city.  Have a try there

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#3 Re: Hull Rock City, is anyone lonely?
December 21, 2010, 02:51:22 pm
If there was someone to share petrol with I would be happy to drive to Sheffield, I agree it is pretty poor and expensive.  However unless I find someone and given the slightly dodgy weather at the moment I guess I will be there alone.

I will also check out the fb page.  Not too bothered just though I would give a heads up in case anyone was in a similar situation.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal