UKBouldering.com

Buying a wall mount for monitor, any recommendations? (Read 1223 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
I'm after one of those articulated arm tilt and swivel brackets to fix to the wall and free up a bit of desk space. It'll be holding up a 24" monitor (if/when I get one) with suitable VESA holes.

There are loads out there on 'tinterweb, so I thought I'd ask here to see if there are any things I should be looking for or to avoid. Anyone got a particularly good one or bought a lemon?

Ideally I'd like one that can have the tilt adjusted easily (tool free) as the 'puter will be used by people of different heights - this information is strangely lacking on Amazon. Bracketsrus have more info.

Confused of Heeley

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
I've got one with an iMac attached to it. can't remember what it is - feels kinda wobbly but solid. Also I could only get 2 out of the 4 wall bolts to seat into solid bits of my wall (damn crumbly old grit!), but i figured that as the Mac only weighs about half the rated maximum load for the mount it would be fine.

Can't find the exact thing i bought but it's very similar to this:

http://www.avnow.co.uk/Products-PULL_OUT_TV_Brackets/c112_117/p766/Double_Arm_LCD_TV_Wall_Bracket_for_10%22_to_23%22_TV&%2339s/product_info.html

tomtom

• forum hero
Salutations Prince Lagerstarfish.
Let me introduce myself. I am Field Marshall Augustus, recently retired leader of the people's free democracy of Hessle, and I understand your predicament. I too have a minor difficulty, as £10000000.17 is trapped in an submarine trading account and I am unable to liquids it's freedom without your humble most assistance.
If you are able to supply me with your bank account number and sort code, I can release my undying funds and suitable re-imburse you 20% of the total, plus civil service daily subsistence rates for your trouble. furthermore, my most honourable brother (reg) has most incredible experience of sourcing flexible-arm monitor wall securing fastening attachments. For no extra charge I will empower him to help you in your most noble quest.
Yours Augustus Asparagus (retired)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal