UKBouldering.com

MTB blues (Read 2070 times)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
MTB blues
November 28, 2002, 01:18:20 pm
took me 2 days to sleep... the pain was so bad!!!

one leg burned up to mid thigh, other leg now infected and throbbing bad....

wheel spoke loose and me rims all dented. bollocks. brake arm looking a bit off also.

cant believe it, i wsnt goingt that fast, my legs are soooo bruised. no sport for me the weekend on the PS2 seems the only way.

getting bike serviced and probably going for new wheel with rear disc brake....i think you just need new wheel and hubs....

dont need front dicsc..but cant go through this pain again - antything to avoid the high speed falls!!!!

beOK to boulder @ weekend thou.......God let the weather be good....

fatdoc....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 MTB blues
November 28, 2002, 01:28:20 pm
Yeah, I was well abused afterwards - thought I was going to collapse on the way back to my place from yours  - super-fitness, eh?  :oops:

no sport for me the weekend on the PS2 seems the only way.

Oi! no wussing out already, you've got two days to recover yet....let's go up to Wharncliffe woods and sample the downhills - they're great and by no means all hideous. Slimfast is up for it, come on, you know you want to. If you're ok to boulder then you're ok to ride. I want to do both really, so depends on the forcasts.

Whoah, hang on there man, you don't need a rear disc brake - just get a v-brake on the back (if you've not already got one) - you only really need a disc on front, as it's piss easy to lock up the back wheel anyway. You'd be better off spending the cash on some decent tyres that have some mud grip rather than those crappy combo road/dirt things you've got on now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal