UKBouldering.com

kendal wall (Read 2927 times)

stonemonkey

• regular
kendal wall
November 30, 2010, 08:28:57 am
Anyone used the new facilities at kendal wall yet? Seen the vid with a 'wooden' training room which looks pretty good, imagine it will get very hot and busy in the new rooms though

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: kendal wall
November 30, 2010, 10:37:11 am
Anyone used the new facilities at kendal wall yet? Seen the vid with a 'wooden' training room which looks pretty good, imagine it will get very hot and busy in the new rooms though

The bouldering is shocking. I certainly wouldn't pay £8 to use the wall just for bouldering again. Never went into the training room as you need to do some kind of induction. That looked pretty good though. West view is your best bet. Or get chatting to Adam Hocking, he is building/built something in Keswick. Also Greg has/had a board in a farm near Lancaster. They had to keep numbers down though, but this may have changed.

Good luck.

chris_j_s

• menacing presence
#2 Re: kendal wall
November 30, 2010, 11:22:31 am
Shocking, really?! I think thats a little bit harsh.

Whilst it may not have any properly hard bouldering (up to about V8 ish) it's much better than it used to be. Don't go expecting somewhere like the works or the depot though.

£8 is expensive but if you get a membership (sorry, I can't remember how much that is) it goes down to £6.50 a session.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#3 Re: kendal wall
November 30, 2010, 11:38:58 am
it's much better than it used to be.

Ok, it was shocking before. Now its just poor. With some decent setting it could be good. If they got Vickers up there it would help.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: kendal wall
November 30, 2010, 11:44:44 am
With some decent setting it could be good. If they got Vickers up there it would help.

Chicken & Egg problem there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal