UKBouldering.com

Variation On Walk On By (Read 2197 times)

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 02:34:55 pm
Anyone know owt about this? Is it a worthwhile variation or is it an eliminate? Done by Tony Simpson...

dave

#1 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 02:37:32 pm
never heard owt about it. at a guess i'd guess its a left hand start or summert, or at least something taking the gap to the left?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#2 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 02:54:32 pm
Quote from: "dave"
never heard owt about it. at a guess i'd guess its a left hand start or summert, or at least something taking the gap to the left?

Aye, left hand start... Just wondering how independent it was...

Slightly easier than WOB i hear

a dense loner

• forum hero
#3 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 03:13:25 pm
problem to left not even worth a mention in the same sentence as WOB. don't think grade is slightly easier, it's just plain easier. theres one class line on that bit of rock n thats WOB. line to right will go but again thats a shit line, n not pleasant landin. next people will be goin on about the 2move crimp prob facin GW. which is actually a good move, if u can get your head round the fact that its just not a line n it finishes at the jug after 2 moves...

dave

#4 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 03:17:09 pm
pat king has been trying the thing facing GW, but trying to go all the way up - apparently he's got quite high on it.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#5 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 03:32:58 pm
does that mean hes mantled onto the hold?

dave

#6 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 03:35:58 pm
he got the big flat hold (the one about 8ft up), swing right to RH on the other hood hold, left heel on big hold then thrutch up into thundercuts. i think i got a photo of hime doing that bit - he then fell off onto his back and hurt his had - was a bit limp-wristed after that. I think he said he'd been higher and got up to a mono or summert.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#7 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 04:27:19 pm
as i suspected. there r holds further up, but scary isn't the word. big jim keeps sayin he's gonna siege it but his bark is louder than bite at the mo. prob i was on about is to the right. couple of crimps then left to the jug. quite good 4 sumat different. pointless but there u go.

dave

#8 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 04:32:41 pm
yeah theres 2 probs opposite GW innit? one on the right (i suspect the one you're on about) and then the one using the carved "f" for left hand and a far crimp out for the right then windmill over left for the jug - scouse showed me it - i've tagged the jug but skin being too gay to hold the sharp jug.....

pat king was starting where the "f" is then popping off the floor into the jug.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#9 Variation On Walk On By
February 02, 2004, 04:36:54 pm
yes, pat and his french starts. need to speak to him about this, lowerin the tone n when uve got 2ft reach on everyone else  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal