UKBouldering.com

Hazard Quarry - Devon (Read 2591 times)

chris j

• forum abuser
Hazard Quarry - Devon
November 19, 2010, 04:49:48 pm
Had a good session bouldering down here today until the polite man with the very big gun turned up to move me along. Don't know if I was just unlucky and he'd planned on coming down to do some target shooting to zero his sights or whether the landowner is going to be more vigilant this winter (he said the landowner phoned him and asked him to come down). If you're going to head down there then I'd suggest keeping an even lower profile than normal.

It will be a shame if the landowner is going to be more active about keeping us out, last winter there weren't any problems and it is a great place to go for steep bouldering when everywhere else nearby is wet and minging...

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#1 Re: Hazard Quarry - Devon
November 19, 2010, 11:08:04 pm
the state of access here (don't go, unless you go and ask the farmer first) has been known for some time locally, as far as i know. sounds as though it may be best to keep away until some negociation is made with the owner?

chris j

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Hazard Quarry - Devon
November 20, 2010, 12:42:39 pm
Well, I don't know if that is still the case. I had a bit of a chat with the bloke yesterday and his take was that the landowner had banned climbing completely a few years ago after someone fell, broke their leg and tried to sue the landowner. So the impression I got was that the farmer wouldn't be giving permission to anyone.

This ties in with what I heard from friends last year that there was no chance of getting permission so you'd got a choice of going and trying to stay below the radar and take the chance of being asked to leave, or not going at all. Obviously if you've managed to get permission for a visit more recently then that totally invalidates what I'm saying and would be good to hear.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal