UKBouldering.com

Queens Crag, N'umberland (Read 2594 times)

T_B

• forum hero
Queens Crag, N'umberland
October 29, 2010, 02:00:27 pm
Does anyone know whether it's a bit late for Queens Crag in Northumberland? I was thinking of heading there this weekend, but wondering after a bit of rain whether it gets green. Or whether generally it's a bit exposed/chilly at this time of year?

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: Queens Crag, N'umberland
October 29, 2010, 02:03:40 pm
its generally pretty darn windy/chilly up there anytime of the year  :shrug:

north_country_boy

• junky
#2 Re: Queens Crag, N'umberland
October 29, 2010, 02:59:54 pm
Does anyone know whether it's a bit late for Queens Crag in Northumberland? I was thinking of heading there this weekend, but wondering after a bit of rain whether it gets green. Or whether generally it's a bit exposed/chilly at this time of year?

Might be heading there tomorrow or Sunday Tom. It should be ok to be honest, its a lot warmer than it was last weekend when I drove northbound and it was -4 sunday evening!

Forecast looks good.....

Dirty Lion

• regular
#3 Re: Queens Crag, N'umberland
October 29, 2010, 03:08:40 pm
Its really grim up here today so unless tommorrow is totally dry and windy there is a good chance of queens being wet at weekend. The boulders do tend to dry fairly quickly, the crag however takes a fair bit longer

T_B

• forum hero
#4 Re: Queens Crag, N'umberland
October 29, 2010, 03:32:13 pm

Might be heading there tomorrow or Sunday Tom. It should be ok to be honest, its a lot warmer than it was last weekend when I drove northbound and it was -4 sunday evening!

Forecast looks good.....

Yeah, that was my thinking. Not that cold, so probably not primo on the grit. Though as Lion says it's a bit grim today so drying required...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal