UKBouldering.com

Willing recipients of new rope wanted - with a catch of course. (Read 6399 times)

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo

Not a lot of people know this but CragX have had a program of rope testing going for around two years now. We've had (very) active climbers training and climbing on a rope that I have given them and giving feedback. After six months I ask them to give it back then give it to The Foundry to properly give it a hammering on the top ropes. With a bit of luck, I have been able to get a replacement rope for my happy tester and the cycle begins again.

A quirk of fate has meant that, after two years of fighting to get a handful of ropes here and there, I am expecting around seven to arrive this week and next.  :o So I need more testers, quickly. I have already approached the British Lead Team (those that weren't already on the program) but will still need between one and four more people on top. I'm looking for people who are training or climbing and falling regularly. So far, everyone I've used has been sponsored, on the lead team or winner of some sort of comp and I need someone who is putting those sorts of hours in on the lead.

If any of you are keen to have six months use of a free rope in return for a bit of work (we need a quick report written and a bit of info about the amount of use it got) please let me know.

This is an ongoing project so there is the possibility of ongoing six monthly cycle of new ropes for at least some of the testers.

Help me UKB, you're my only hope. If you fail me I may need to approach the Borg :wall:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
You ask at a bad time - winter is upon us! You want one tested for winter climbing too?

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Thanks for suggestions and offers. For consistency this really needs to be sport/indoor, not winter.

I've had a couple of offers from people I don't know, or at least don't know I know. Could you let me know who you are and a bit about your climbing. We will eventually publish reviews of the ropes so can't have them tested by 'bloke down the pub' or 'Shark' (Yes, I know who Shark is, I use him as an example). The more credible the testers are, the better, that's why I'm  not on the team myself  ;D

Cheers, Iain

robertostallioni

• forum hero
I'll be of service, Iain.  :-*

Have you got any projected dates for the new 5.10 releases in the new year?

rehab21

• regular
  • Monkey see: monkey do
You want credible people? You should've said. I replied on the basis that you were looking for folk who fell off a lot...

If all those creds out there aren't interested/already have their fill of free ropes, then then feel free to come back to me.

Oli

• obsessive maniac
Iain, i'd be interested if you haven't found a home for all the ropes yet. Oli

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
I'll be of service, Iain.  :-*

Have you got any projected dates for the new 5.10 releases in the new year?

I'll give you one if you can get your brother to give me one  :-*

Hornets et al are officially available January, which usually means March to April.

Wipey Why

• forum hero
I'm more than happy to test a rope if you have any left.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
He's in Cornwall all this week at a Gay/Lesbian Surf do, I expect. I'm over at the folks next weekend so I guess I can root through his stuff then and return the rope next week, Mon or Wed....

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Me and The Wife (that's Mrs Starfish) have been getting into that Kinbaku stuff and would be happy to test and review your ropes for you.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Natural fibres are only necessary for oily foreigners

Besides, there's nothing natural about what I want to do with the rope

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
The more credible the testers are

I'm totally incredible. Is that any good?

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Thanks everyone for all the replies and offers. I still don't know for sure how many people I need so I may be in touch over the next couple of weeks.

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo

Steve Crowe

• menacing presence
  • Using knees since 1974
    • www.climbonline.co.uk
Karin and I would be keen to try and trash one of the ropes for you. Could do with picking it up this week though?

Steve Crowe

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Karin and I would be keen to try and trash one of the ropes for you. Could do with picking it up this week though?

Steve Crowe

Have messaged you Steve but no reply. Are you still keen?

Nike Air

• forum abuser
hi Iain,

Naomi and Myself can test one for ya.
Get in touch.

Jordan Buys

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
Try Andy Farnell..

... what he's done it

;)

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
Update: I have had quite a few offers but some of those aren't getting back to me when I explain what work is involved. So, to be clear, we are looking a few minutes work after each session to log the use the rope got and maybe half an hour or an hour of writing at the end to give us a general write-up. If you're keen in spite of the enormous  :shrug: workload please PM me.

Thank you again to all that offered. Apologies to everyone I haven't replied to directly, I'm as snowed under as a snowed under thing at the moment. All the offers are appreciated.

Cheers, Iain

wiain

• addict
  • Peekaboo
I emailed all the testers yesterday - if any of you didn't get an email from me it'll be because I have the wrong address. Please drop me a line.
Cheers, Iain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal